• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eating

pegged

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
I did a search, didn‘t find anything about this.

I‘m curious what is good to eat, even if you‘re telling me in terms of uhh, **** I don‘t know the word, (Like carbs, protein etc.). Basically what is good for my body while I am training. I‘m currently on BMQ (I‘m with the Calg Highrs, King‘s Own is training us though).

I eat lots of bread, cheese. Usually an apple every day. I eat chips every 1 or 2 days :rolleyes: .

I just figure it‘d be better to be on set eating habits instead of whatever I‘m given. Dinner‘s can be random, like chicken one night, stew another, or some sort of casserole.

Anyone got any tips for me in terms of an eating habit?
Thanks.

This would probably be better answered on a nutrition site, rather than a bunch of "well I heard", "here‘s what I do", "my buddy told me ".
Try one of those sites. I don‘t think most here are qualified to answer, except for what we‘ve read and you can find out the same way we did, which wasn‘t here. Thanks for dropping by though. :)

There‘s an old saying, "all in moderation"... bare in mind that there are a great many CF member who would think nothing of a 12Km jog, and think nothing of lighting up a smoke at the end of the jog (Note that I am a non-smoker, and do not encourage smoking in anyway).

Assuming you‘re doing weekend warrior training, make sure you‘re taking in proteins on Sunday evening, helps with muscle growth.

Other then that, whatever you like really, maybe carbs like pasta or such on the evening before you start training for the week, but other then that, just avoid exceptionally greasy or fatty foods such as fast food (Even that‘s acceptable every second week or so for a treat if you enjoy it) and you‘re good to go.

Talk to your family doctor, too! They will be able to advise you on what is best for you based on your medical history.

Assuming you‘re not doing extreme cardio workouts like marathon running, or any power lifting, then just keep your diet balanced. Have even portions of protein, carbs, and keep the fat low. Chicken or fish are better for you than red meat, get lots of whole grains and complex carbohydrates (brown rice, brown bread), drink as much water as you can, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and avoid deep fried, fatty foods and excessive amounts of sugar.

Now if only I could follow this advice, I‘d be set!

I agree with the combat medic. Lots of water lots of lean protein. Sleep is just as important.....since your in the reserves this shouldnt be a problem(weekends right?)

Sleep and water. The 2 things I don‘t get enough of. But chocolate on the other hand. :D

Back