• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer Stories From Germany

I was posted there from 87-91, and remember Fall Ex88 being the worst for collateral damage!  Let's see, there was the re-load trailer, 13D opening up some poor sod's Fiat like a tin can with the end-track connectors, um... now I forget if it was Heavy or one of the troops APC taking out an old stone town gateway.  One of the AVLB's twisting out man-hole covers, not once, but twice!  But probably the best, was Spider's inadvertent aid to the comms types...better known as "Spider Jamming"  :cheers: 
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, One-Free, uhhhhhhh, this is, uhhhhhhh One-Free Bravo, Over" ;D
Cheers
J

You forgot Rat Raymonds APC having a Beemer try to ram him off the road at mach 2.

That be Chris Kat?
I believe he is retired in Trail,B.C. now when he was RSS they posted him back to the Reg. he put in his release and I think he is still there.

SprCForr said:
What was the name of those guys? The Spiders or something similarily cheesy comes to mind.

I was told a story many moons ago about them running across Chasse.   :o
CForr that ring's a bell.
They alway's got wellied now and again but never learned.

Spr.Earl said:
That be Chris Kat?
I believe he is retired in Trail,B.C. now when he was RSS they posted him back to the Reg. he put in his release and I think he is still there.

The same. Last I heard he was still in that area. He was very busy doing pool/spa installations.

Spider Jamming!

How could I have forgotten that! BTW, ever hear the Fuchsy version? Priceless.

hi! So that's what happened to Chris Raymond.. if you meet him - say hi for me - a great fellow.. especially when he got off the sauce. tell him I ended up in Poland... teaching English to mostly the most beautiful 22 year old girls in the world - who besides having great personalities, impish smiles, and oozing eroticism, can cook.

And just why do you think Chris would like to know about that?????  IMHO, me thinks Dave Taylor would be more the guy wanting to know ;)

Lager and Ale said:
And just why do you think Chris would like to know about that?????  IMHO, me thinks Dave Taylor would be more the guy wanting to know ;)

The Rat with a few under the belt and within 10 km of any peeler was truly a sight to behold.

Rat, a few pitchers, a glow stick, his pension and a somewhat reluctant but eventually willing peeler was a sight that John-Boy won't forget. Williams Lake was never the same after that.

"No, I'm telling you it won't burn and yes, I'll give you my pension..."

I roomed with him for a year. I don't remember much of that time. :blotto: I found out I bought that old green '62 Olds, him and Fitz (and the rest of Pk Tp too) used to beat around in for $100 the night before I went to Cyprus.

Didn't Dave only ever want what someone else had? ;)

.. if you meet him - say hi for me -

I will.

Steve had the whole Spider thing memorized (especially when relating anecdotes about his son, Justin). Too much contact in BRWR, I guess. "Uhhhhhhhhh, genel mennnnns, yew chatteurrrr mowah than my son Justwinnnn...

SprCForr said:
The Rat with a few under the belt and within 10 km of any peeler was truly a sight to behold.

Rat, a few pitchers, a glow stick, his pension and a somewhat reluctant but eventually willing peeler was a sight that John-Boy won't forget. Williams Lake was never the same after that.

"No, I'm telling you it won't burn and yes, I'll give you my pension..."

I roomed with him for a year. I don't remember much of that time. :blotto: I found out I bought that old green '62 Olds, him and Fitz (and the rest of Pk Tp too) used to beat around in for $100 the night before I went to Cyprus.

Didn't Dave only ever want what someone else had? ;)

I will.

Steve had the whole Spider thing memorized (especially when relating anecdotes about his son, Justin). Too much contact in BRWR, I guess. "Uhhhhhhhhh, genel mennnnns, yew chatteurrrr mowah than my son Justwinnnn...

Fitz now that is a name from the past,I and Jerome got on quite well,but no one could control him when he was in his cup's!!!

Here's a story from a Mo. Wain. Con (sorry folk's) I ended up plumbing in the whole pooper aroo for 4 unit shower point and getting the H2O in the mean time old Jerome and I forget who else came from the Reg did some work for us.
Once all was finished I came in through the front door of our 14 lb'r ,grabbed a ale walked out back,there was Fitz and the rest of the boy's from the Reg. just grinning,grab a seat they say's and watch the sun set .
Oh my what a beautiful shadow show er sun set's we had for 2 week's.

Last I heard of Jerome he is working here in BC for the Workmans Compansation Board same with Paul Orr.

Now some of you guys must remember when Lenny put the Mercedes through the barbershop window and then backed out and left the licence plate in the shop wreckage!
Nice to see some 4 CER folks still floating around.

Mark

4CER 1983-1990 Was Zulu 9C for my last 2 1/2 years

I remember Al Podzorski having a run in with the local biker moped gang while on exercise in Ingolstad, as well as the cops, and if memory serves, that was the same exercise that Maj Morton got locked into his vehicle. It was a good thing nobody had a key for a 5/4 ton that night otherwise the vehicle as going into the river.....

On another note, I also remember the boom of the ALVB being punched through the wall in the end of the hanger, with Pete Mushrow sitting at his desk.....

Ah yes... the "bad old days".......

The good old day's Tony's & Mutties !  (1988-1991 )

The closeing night the last night !
                                    They were family !
                                  I cried That were dunck night !

Petey, there was a character!

Anyone remember the parody of the Money's Mushrooms commercials?

"Mister Mushrow makes marching marvelous?"

He shows up at a base function (after retirement) in the drill hall in Chilliwack dressed in a purple zoot suit. What a sight. Peter "The Pimp" Mushrow. A purple zoot suit? Busy flogging his video production company.

Chases after one of the boys from Water Supply zipping along Cultus Lk. Catches up to him and informs him he'll be reporting his speeding to the MP's and RCMP for action. Cpl Bloggins flatly tells him he'll be doing the same as he couldn't help but to notice the large green LTD with no apparent driver featuring largely in his rearview mirror. Pete leaves. I get told this on Monday morning (a heads up) that the RSM may want to see the troop. He never did call.  ;D

Not a Germany related story, but I remember on the RSM's change of command parade, where Mr. Mushrow doing the march past with a Canada Goose in step.... I had had the unfortunate position of being voluntold to videotape the whole thing, having just come back from the sit 7 course in CFB Boredom..... Come to think of it, they were both the same size..... Who arranged that????

God and St. Barbara have a sense of humour. That was funnier than hell. Thanks for refreshing the memory!  :salute:

That they do.....and your quite welcome for the rememberence of said parade....

Chimo....

And yet another classic Al Chase story, we were on our first day of the Combat Leaders Course, and as things are wont to be at such a time pretty Fubar'ed. After about an hour of the typical B.S. with the school commendant giving us his little speil, Al pip's up "Give me a call when you get your shit together!" and proceded to march himself back to the regiment....

On another note, I also remember the boom of the ALVB being punched through the wall in the end of the hanger, with Pete Mushrow sitting at his desk.....

Ah yes... the "bad old days".......
[/quote]
I was Pete's driver then and I can't seem to remember that happening but I am short a few brain cells so who knows it would be even funnier if I could remember.... Of course I wasn't in his good books so I was probably out doing some S#$% job.

I think it was in 81/82 when that happened.... Then again there weren't too many people in his good booke either.... Did he even have one?

Back