• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EX IRONSIDES

George Wallace said:
So........put 11 to 13 April 2008 down in your calendars.

Holy crap....it's that time again already?

I'll have to look at the training calendar when we get back after the holidays.

Regards

I believe Kingston is now the "home" as it is as 'central' as we can get, and often has Qtrs available.  I did find April a little odd in the email from Muggsie, but that may have been the only timeframe that many could make it, or the facilities were available.

Director of Armour
Canadian Forces Base Kingston
PO Box 17000 Station Forces
Kingston, ON, K7K 7B4

January 2008

Fellow Black Hats,

It is my pleasure that I can announce to all Corps Units that IRONSIDES will be held again at CFB Kingston in 2008. This traditional Corps event brings together a large number of current and past members of the Corps were they can show off their curling skills, boost their turret skills and basically enjoy the company of old and new comrades. With that in mind, IRONSIDES XXXII will be held 10 to 12 April 2008.

The Black Hats serving in Kingston have teamed together to organize the event and with your team contributions; it will be a rousing success again. The Garrison Curling Club in Kingston is a terrific venue for the bonspiel and is an obvious choice with its convenient central location and the Base to support it. I am once again calling on the Corps family, both serving and retired, to lend assistance to the team here.

I need you all to voice your intentions to participate because only through participation by as many of the Regimental teams as possible, will this important event continue. I am also calling once again on all Regiment and Association in the Corps family to contribute to the bonspiel. In order to make it easier for you to register, you will find attached a registration form. These should be filled out and sent as soon as possible to the contacts in the attachment to this letter.

April will come quickly so act now and get your registration in. More detailed instructions will be available from the team here but this should get you started. Pass this information along to everyone in the Corps family please. The bonspiel will be announced again at the Corps Conference and in the meantime, if you have any questions, contact MWO Dave Lee (613) 541-5010 extension 4255 or Maj John Stuckart at (613) 541-5010 extension 5611.

Worthy!

L.E. Thomas
Colonel
Director of Armour

Is there another source for the .doc?  I get error messages when I try opening it in Word.

Everything(one) recceguy touches is corrupted!!!!  ;D

WR said:
Everything(one) recceguy touches is corrupted!!!!  ;D
How true.  Since recceguy touched my life, I have become far more cynical, surly, and crusty!  :blotto:

Spanky said:
How true.  Since recceguy touched my life, I have become far more cynical, surly, and crusty!   :blotto:

And a better man for it, I might add. ;D

How true.  Since Reverand recceguy touched my life, I have become far more cynical, surly, and crusty!

At least he only touched your life!!!    ;)

Back