• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fixing Petawawa

Barracks will not be built in the next few months.  Here's an idea: Weatherhavens on the Mattawa?  They went up fairly quick in Kabul, and best part is: no Hesco needed!  Add a tented mess (and I mean UBER tented mess), some showers, some recreational facilities: it could be done in relatively short order.  Of course, if it happened now, it would be a reaction.  Because, you know what they say: Why plan when you can react?  :D

Now there's an idea ...

BATs on the Mattawa!! How much more realistic could you get??

Flawed:

One man one kit. Perhaps for the ResF, your suggestion is valid ... but, the ResF has been deployed on dom ops in support of Ice Storm, snow shovelling in TO etc ... they need their kit too, instead of scrambling for it.

Perhaps though, AR deployment kit is best held back until their first op deployment into a theatre which requires such kit ... then it's theirs for good. Granted, no members of the ResF are not required to deploy to locations requiring AR gear unless they volunteer to do so. But once they do, they should be treated just like everyone else.

Vern

ArmyVern said:
Now there's an idea ...

BATs on the Mattawa!! How much more realistic could you get??

Flawed:

One man one kit. Perhaps for the ResF, your suggestion is valid ... but, the ResF has been deployed on dom ops in support of Ice Storm, snow shovelling in TO etc ... they need their kit too, instead of scrambling for it.

Perhaps though, AR deployment kit is best held back until their first op deployment into a theatre which requires such kit ... then it's theirs for good. Granted, no members of the ResF are not required to deploy to locations requiring AR gear unless they volunteer to do so. But once they do, they should be treated just like everyone else.

Vern
Vern: you and I should run the army.  With our common sense ideas, well....wait a minute, what was I thinking?  "Common sense"?  Sheesh.  I mean, BATs on the Mattawa for the short term, more troop housing in the long term, the ammo compound not in the middle of the training area seriously complicating templating issues AND acquiring land to the south of areas 6 and 7, clearcutting, thus allowing for 2 Canadian MECHANISED Brigade Group to do MECHANISED (eg: mech infantry, tank, and whatever) training with arcs that are wider than 400 mils!

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
the ammo compound not in the middle of the training area seriously complicating templating issues

Spoken like an AGS...  I couldn't agree more.

Flawed Design said:
Leering at someone for 8 seconds is creepy.

Don't you have to leer at someone for at least 8 creepy seconds to know they have been leering creepily at you for 8 seconds?  ;D

Blindspot said:
Don't you have to leer at someone for at least 8 creepy seconds to know they have been leering creepily at you for 8 seconds?  ;D

:rofl:

Well played!!

Flawed- which unit did you end up getting sent to? Looks like we've got the full spectrum of 'total gong show' to a pretty well scheduled training regimen between now and Christmas, depending on where you ended up.

There's pretty strong RUMINT (Sgt, WO type)  that there's gonna be a room shuffle in L101 to get us in rooms with our section mates sometime this week. With a little luck we'll see a reduction in occupancy; the armoured recce and engineer guys all seem to have gone off for greener pastures... Or at least different lines.

Did you get the PM I sent you last week? I'm still trying to figure out if we've met.

And yeah, I've noticed the staring too... Maybe it's my funny hat.

Brihard said:
And yeah, I've noticed the staring too... Maybe it's my funny hat.

Naw, actually its the totally clueless look you have on your face most of the day.  ;D

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Naw, actually its the totally clueless look you have on your face most of the day.  ;D

Have we met without me being aware of it? Generally, only people who know me are privy to my normal vacant look.  ;D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Vern: you and I should run the army. 

Holy crap!!!!  I just don't know where to begin on that one!!!

Sorry Vern, you've gotta be one of the best damn soldiers I know, the second best Supply Tech I know, but running the Army?  Hmmmm, but then again - "I'd rather eat shit with the CAR (and Vern) than steak with Collinet!!"

Luvs ya Vern.

The day I wear chaps to work is the day I take my release thanks.

JesseWZ said:
The day I wear chaps to work is the day I take my release thanks.

I didn't say a word about chaps ... but now that you bring them up ... what Shamrock said!!  :o

Hmmm... they do make good tips.... and I'd get rid of all this green stuff in my closet...
>:D

Topic you want, topic we got:  :)

Staring: The level of civility in the lower classes is not what it once was.  The hillbillies in some of the Q's on my street are good examples.   I don't stare back.  I never did pay much attention to livestock.

Surplus:  I once accosted a young OCdt on course in Pet (circa 1979) for wearing my 64 Pattern web gear.  It had my name stencilled on it.  Turns out, my current issue was actually behind me at the time.  He had bought the set that had been stolen from me on a 1 Cdn Fd Hosp exercise (I was a cas) at Honest John's.  The 1964 Pattern Webbing was a good seller, as the Militia were never issued it.  Officially they went from 1951 Pattern (not 1954 - that's Brit) to 1982 Pattern, missing 1964 completely.

Back