• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flash Lights

I want one that clips to my load bearing vest too. Like an angled light but one that is really well made, produces a good beam and lasts along time. Can led lights produce enough light to go at least 100 yards to view a target?

The military L shaped lights suck.

Why do you need it to be able to attach to your vest?

I dunno of any IED lights that can produce that much light.

I'd go with a Surefire G2 though. Or you can check out their site, an look at all their lights, an the ones meant to be attached to weapons.

Well the only thing I really like about the L light is the ability to strap it to your load bearing vest and keep your hands free while you have it on your body looking at something. I'll go look at surefires site and see if they have one of those.

You can try a headlamp to.

Out of curiosity, what do you do when you patrol the woods wearing your LBE an rifle in hand?

Or do you play Airsoft?

I like to travel thru the woods day or night, so I can get to where Im going faster. I start at first light then quit about 12:00am, eat on my feet ect... Part of it is pushing myself physically too, to see what I can do.  :threat:

I would suggest buying an LED headlamp and just securing it to your vest. I'm finding more and more that the angle-light really sucks for anything other then personal use (around the house).

I've learned from Jean Chretien and now keep my angle flashlight within reach while I sleep, just incase I need to crack a burgler on the noggin ;)

I've never seen a flashlight that will light up a target at 100m, but one might exist somewhere. You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

Cheers,
Pinky

P.S. Maybe check out some of Surefire's stuff. Not the cheapest, but I've never heard a bad word about 'em.

Pte.Pinky said:
I've learned from Jean Chretien and now keep my angle flashlight within reach while I sleep, just incase I need to crack a burgler on the noggin ;)

I've never seen a flashlight that will light up a target at 100m, but one might exist somewhere. You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

Cheers,
Pinky

P.S. Maybe check out some of Surefire's stuff. Not the cheapest, but I've never heard a bad word about 'em.

My Surefire C2 with a P61 lamp assembly will - and quite nicely...

blake

Pte.Pinky said:
You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

That would be Floodlamp, MkVII, 100w on an Oompa Loompa, Gen5, Floodlamp Support ;)

Lerch said:
I would suggest buying an LED headlamp and just securing it to your vest. I'm finding more and more that the angle-light really sucks for anything other then personal use (around the house).

I havent used that thing in about 2-3 years. between my Strion, my Scorpion, and my LED converted Mini Mag, I have no need for a weak underpowered, overweight POS like that.

when the Crook-Neck first came out it was a good piece of kit. heck, it still works. but if you want a good Tac Light, you gotta invest some coin.

regards
      Josh

baseballinahat said:
I like to travel thru the woods day or night, so I can get to where Im going faster. I start at first light then quit about 12:00am, eat on my feet ect... Part of it is pushing myself physically too, to see what I can do.  :threat:

then why not just join the army?  ???

and if you need to see your target at 100m at night and youre really serious about it, then why not just go out and

a) buy a set of NVG's and a good scope,
or
b) buy a Night Vision Optical sight to mount to your weapon.

I just bought a night vision scope for 260 bucks at crappy tire.
just to goof around with when  i go camping and i'll bring it to the field on the next Ex to see if its any good up there. just a simple little 3x scope with an IR LED to light up the area if theres no ambient light available.

you could get a pretty awsome set of goggles for about 1100 cdn. or a decent weapon mounted sight for btw 600-1000 i think.

try googleing it and see what you find.

regards.
    Josh

mudgunner49 said:
My Surefire C2 with a P61 lamp assembly will - and quite nicely...

blake

My Surefire M96 does as well...  wait till I get a MN11 lamp assembly, 225 lumens baby!

RHFC said:
I was wondering What's a good flashlight to use in the infantry, and where can i get it IE) website. Thanks

Again, going back to my orginal post....Is this for Tactical use or General Purpose use? Tactical meaning in direct support of a military op or training. General Purpose meaning I just wanna find my Twinkies in my ruck??

For Tactical Applications.....minimum 60 lumens, 6V, at least one hour run time. Carry enough batteries for 3-6 hours runtime. I don't buy a firearm unless it has been on the market for, at least, ten years. All the major bugs have been worked out and any cool mods have come down the pipe by then. Same goes for Tactical lights. Get a Surefire that meets the above criteria. Anything less will not do!!

For General Purpose......get a three dollar LED light at MEC.

anyone know of a headlamp of the caliber of the lights that seem popular here...

I bought a $19 dollar special from Crappy tire that had 2 red and 3 white LED's for PLQ last summer, and I was surprised at how handy that setup was for the field, the only problem is that the plastic is fatiguing and it falls apart easily now, and I wouldn't mind something waterproof and have a really bright white light setting, and perhaps be able to change the set light casting angle .

thanks

Back