• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flight Training in Portage

Russers

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, it's my first post. Just got sworn in on March 17, going to IAP/BOTC St. Jean in September for DEO pilot. I can't wait to get started. My recruiter told me that because I already have my multi-IFR rating that there might be a chance that I skip going to Portage and head straight to Moose Jaw depending on vacancies. This doesn't sound right to me, just wondering if anyone has any info or can comment on that.

Thanks,

Russ. B

I wouldn't count on bypassing Russ. The only people that I've ever heard of bypassing are College Aviation grads with a Commercial Multi IFR license. I met a few people that had 1000+ hrs and a Commercial MIFR license that had to do PFT.

I myself bypassed, I'm a College Aviation grad.

Thanks Inch,

I'm a college aviation grad too, MIFR 2003. So what your saying is that it happens, but not that often? What did you do to bypass?

Thanks,

Russ.

Russers said:
Thanks Inch,

I'm a college aviation grad too, MIFR 2003. So what your saying is that it happens, but not that often? What did you do to bypass?

Thanks,

Russ.

Nothing, I gave them a copy of my diploma and I think that was about it and they bypassed me. Just make sure you mention it to someone on BOTC or right after when they're asking you what you want for OJT.

It happens all the time for College Aviation grads, I can name off at least half a dozen. There's a Seneca grad that just got to 423 for OJT and she got bypassed so it's still happening. As I said in the PM to you, it's the Diploma that gets you bypassed, the Commercial may have something to do with it but hours and whether or not you have MIFR don't mean jack.

Mention it while you're still in the recruiting process. There is a list of colleges that get bypasses and all recruiters should have it(or at least access to it). All the big ones are on it I believe(MRC, Seneca, Confed, Moncton, Selkirk etc) and also many less known aviation programs. Your recruiting office should be able to take care of getting your bypass if you're eligible.

My diploma and transcripts were part of the application package and it's probably better if you get those things on file right away.

Back