• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

flying more than one aircraft in the forces

avro87

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard of pilots in the air force being checked out to fly more than one aircraft?  For instance flying between a CP-140 and a herc.  I imagine this doesnt happen, since this might cost a bit of mula, but I think there could be benefits to it.  Thanx.

avro87 said:
Just wondering if anyone has heard of pilots in the air force being checked out to fly more than one aircraft?  For instance flying between a CP-140 and a herc.  I imagine this doesnt happen, since this might cost a bit of mula, but I think there could be benefits to it.  Thanx.

We have a new pilot at my sqn who was a test pilot at AETE...he was flying 5 types of CF aircraft.  Did his test pilot shool in Edwards AFB and flew alot of different types there.

Some guys used to be dual-qualified, CH146 Griffon and B206 Jet Ranger, but I think the guys all have a single qual now.

From what I hear, getting a dual qualification is extremely hard.  The only ones I hear doing that are AETE guys.

Max

Back