• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Football and Reserves

Spider Begley

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I play football and Im Currently trying to join the reserves
Royal Westminster Regiment, In New Westminster BC.
Problem is I play Football 4 days a Week and a late night game around 6pm on friday.
What can i do to Enjoy the best of both worlds???

Spider Begley said:
Well I play football and Im Currently trying to join the reserves
Royal Westminster Regiment, In New Westminster BC.
Problem is I play Football 4 days a Week and a late night game around 6pm on friday.
What can i do to Enjoy the best of both worlds???

If you want to join a reserve regiment - if you wish to be a soldier in the army on a part time basis - you will be expected to commit to that. Can/will you commit to being free the one evening a week the Westies train? Can you commit to being free roughly a weekend a month? Can you commit to being free this coming summer for your basic training?

If so, great. If not, pick one or the other.

Yes Definately I Can make time during the week and I can do Basically every weekend.
I just want to know If I have to be there on a friday if not Im set

Spider Begley said:
Yes Definately I Can make time during the week and I can do Basically every weekend.
I just want to know If I have to be there on a friday if not Im set

On the one weekend exercise a month that you will be required to attend you will need to deploy into the field Friday night, usually parading at the armoury around 7pm for weapons draw, final briefings and kit inspections prior to departing for glory.

If you can't get permission to be absent from football one Friday night a month, you may need to find another way to get your 'gun jollies'.

Back