• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For all you wondering what you do on BMQ.

MJP

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Here is an account done by someone that has recently gone through BMQ in St Jean.
BMQ

At St. Jean, when you get there you can go to the St. Jean website, and you can download your whole course, pretty much your schedule. I think its on the (DIN) so you can‘t get it until you‘re there.

Charles

Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
[qb] Nice..now I know what I‘m looking forward too... [/qb]
If you‘re going to be a sig-op, you won‘t be in St. Jean, so it‘ll be slightly different. Very similar though.

Originally posted by chk2fung:
[qb] I know MOC training for Signals is in Kingston. [/qb]
MOC is in Kingston.

Signals units send their recruits to CFB Shiloh for their recruit course each summer, entailing 4 weeks BMQ, 4 weeks SQ.

Just a Sig Op,

IT might have changed recently because I‘ve been recruited for the Sig Op trade, I leave for Basic in St-Jean this Easter Monday.

At my swearing in ceremony another Sig Og to-be was there, and is in the same course as myself. We were both told 10 weeks of Basic. MOC is of course in Kingston, and from my understanding we also do SQ... location unknown... nobody seems to know... hopefully they know in St-Jean :p

Allow me to add to what I said.

Not EVERYONE in signals goes to Shiloh, but MOST people in signals go to Shiloh.

If you happen to be unemployed with 10 weeks to kill, sometimes they‘ll send you to St. Jean to do the reg force course... in the long run, you‘ll probably be better for it.

Some others wind up doing weekend warrior basic training.

Reg force Sig Op Candidates go to St Jean for BMQ. They then carry on to Kinston for MOC/BMO training..see here.

Reserve Sigs Ops may all go to Shilo, but I think you‘ll find they go to most of the training centers(Wainwright, Meaford..etc etc) for their BMQ and SQ. It depends more on a persons location, rather than their trade for common courses.

weekend warrior... :D

I‘d be offended if I didnt feel it was a just brand

are you talking about the reserves, cause I thought everyone here was talking about reg force.

Yes its nice to hear an actual recruits‘ perception of what is going on in basic training.
It‘s the hardest thing to find out in my opinion.

Anyway, for those of you who haven‘t seen the recruit school week by week schedual (complete with pictures) here it is:

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/english/recruits/formation/index_e.asp

Thanks Graham for that awesome site..never knew it existed...and I‘m Reg, so its St Jeans, Kingston and then Sq(?). Actually can anyone get a better idea on that? if Sigs have to go SQ?

My regimental site is down at the moment, but when it comes back online I‘ll post a link to the recruiting portion of it - there is the CF BMQ information video on there

http://www.rhli.ca

Ok, to add more to what I said, yes, all regs go to St. Jean at the moment.

I simply assumed he was a reserve sig op, as most sig ops are. My mistake.

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
If you‘re going to be a sig-op, you won‘t be in St. Jean, so it‘ll be slightly different. Very similar though.
People going RegF will do the 10-week BMQ in St-Jean, followed by (for Army pers) a 10-week SQ in one of the Area Trg centres.

Back