• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

? Fraudulent Peacekeeping Medals

Gordon Angus Mackinlay

Inactive
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A query. On United Nations Day last month, in the Mess in Victoria Barracks in Sydney, a friend of mine was talking to a Canadian chap, I did not met him.

My friend this afternoon has brought the photos around from that day, two of them quite distinctly showing the Canadian‘s medals. These being worn thus:
Special Service Medal
CD with two clasps
UNEF Medal
UN Medal for the Congo
UNFICYP Medal with a ‘2‘ symbol on it
The QEII Silver Jubilee Medal
The International Commission for Supervision and Control Medal 1967 issue
and the same but the 1973 issue medal

The chap stated he was RCSigs, then Communications Branch, retired as a Chief WO.

I have no problems with the first two medals nor with the QUeens silver jubilee.
The UNEF and UNFICYP no problems, as I have met chaps from the 8th Hussars with both.
The Congo medal, every single person that I have met that was awarded this were French speaking.

The two control commission medals are very odd. My notes show 1,403 receipients for the 1st, and 355 for the 2nd, and NO person receiving both.

From what this chap has said to my friend since UN Day, makes him rather suspect.

Would anyone have ideas as to the genuiness of the award of such a medal group.

Yours,
Jock in Sydney

If that was the order the medals were being worn, something is definitely suspect. The CD should be last in the lineup. Checking on the other stuff.

Well Jock, we also have our share of "wannabes". Thank you for bringing it up. I have to say I am impressed to see an Aussie with such knowledge of Canadian Honours and Awards.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This chap, is I am informed from a contact on the Canadian Regiments discussion list, is not shown on the medal rolls for the International Control Commission Medal, also that no one received both medals.

Also I am informed he has been interviewed re a suspect shares purchasing deal with a high tech company.

Yours,

Jock in Sydney

I tell chicks that I don‘t have any medals because I‘ve spent most of my 3 years on secret missions.

Jock,
Was wondering if the subject of your original post was seen at any of the Remeberance Day activities in your area. Has he been reported and taken to task?

Good Points
I hate A**HOLES who wear wings, who have not earned them. I have been a jumper for about 20 yrs. I have earned my white leaf due to my 10 yr stint with the Jump troop, And have wings from 5 Countrys and the Airborne Coin and a coin for Military Excellants from the US Army. Damn it burns me when you see these soldiers who just put on a set of wings. I like to ask questions tofind out if they are real. Or wear Medals that they didn‘t earn. If any soldier see this it his duty to correct it.
Sgt J. CD, CDS com

Back