• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting out of my cell phone contract

Klinkaroo

Inactive
Reaction score
I had found a site that I could advertise my contract for give-away but can't seem to find it even with google... Does anyone know this site?

Thanks
Klink

I have never heard of this before, but I found http://ca.cellswapper.com/

ME

Thanks that looks ok, trying to get out of this darn contract with Telus... Just royal crap on my opinion...

Thanks
Klink

Heh.... guess you didn't do your homework before signing the contract.

Telcos do not like terminating contracts before their due date
- expect to pay something like 20$ per month for each & every month you still have outstanding.... PRICEY!
(PS - my wife didn't do her homework either.... but ended up switching & paying because of the lousy service)

Also had Telus. It was terrible. When I moved from Ontario to Sask I only had coverage in Regina and Saskatchewan (learnt this the hard way). Worst part was when calling into Telus they would try and tell me it worked all over the province and told me a number to call if I ran into issues... but as there was no coverage the number they gave me would not work either. Long story short I terminated the contract early. Using Sasktel now, works great.

Not exactly sure of the site you're talking about, but the guys at Howard Forums would know.

http://www.howardforums.com

They also have a section to sell/give away your phone aswell.

***edit... typo on the url ***

stryte said:
Also had Telus. It was terrible. 

I've been with Telus for several years...and several provinces. Never had a cause to complain very loudly.  I also tried Rogers and Bell.........wont be going with those ever again !!

CDN Aviator said:
I've been with Telus for several years...and several provinces. Never had a cause to complain very loudly.  I also tried Rogers and Bell.........wont be going with those ever again !!

I've never had Rogers but Bell is by far the worst. My major issue with Telus was basically coverage. I needed a cell phone as I travel regularly for work within the province and as Telus coverage was limited to the two major cities it did not meet my needs. Luckily I now have a employer supplied cell through Sasktel, which I imagine is the best in this province as they own all the infrastructure.

Oddly.... I swear by FIDO..... & swear at Rogers, Bell & Telus

Do any of them keep their price constant during the time of the contract?  Or are they all like mine who keep increasing the bill over time?

RangerRay said:
Do any of them keep their price constant during the time of the contract?  Or are they all like mine who keep increasing the bill over time?

Mine has been pretty constant throughout

Constant and I can change the plan to anything else they have available at a cost of 10 dollars

I personally hate Rogers. I had huge issues with them, as well as I know a great many people who have in the past. Key thing with Rogers is to pay attention to your bill. I can not count the number of times I was charged for features I didnt have on my phone or included with my plan, or get charged for things included in my plan.

For example I opened my bill once and nearly died because it was like 400 bucks, because of needless charges, such as local roaming, which I was told I would not be charged for, and it stated this in my contract papers, text msgs etc.

More than once in order to get my bill straightened out it was a matter of calling, being on hold for extended periods of time, being hung up on, calling back, losing my cool, and stating that I will be going with another company then to get it cleared.

The other thing with said company is their fee's to terminate a contract are huge. I ended up getting fed up and paying upwards to $140 to get rid of them. It ended up being well worth it, I am now cell phone free, and actually like the idea of people not being able to get ahold of me 24/7.

If I get another phone, I am going with Telus.

S Stewart,
All cell phone companies charge a fee if you terminate your contract before it comes to maturity... the nature of the beast - unless you have a pay as you play kinda phone - which will get you in other ways.
Rogers used to have plans where you had to opt out of features... you were all in unless you specificaly told em to remove it.... yup - expensive lessons...

Face it, all telcos are out to make money... and you & I are the ones left on the hook

But fido is run seperately and differently (plan whise and everyting). I would personally like Solo and I was with them before and liked them. Solo is run by bell but I don't necessarily like Bell...

Klinkaroo said:
But fido is run seperately and differently (plan whise and everyting). I would personally like Solo and I was with them before and liked them. Solo is run by bell but I don't necessarily like Bell...

Still means they're part of the evil empire. 

The company is launching the much-anticipated phone at six stores across the country on Friday. Customers who buy it before Aug. 31 will now be eligible for a six-gigabyte data plan for $30.

Rogers representatives say six gigabytes will allow users to visit 36,000 Web pages, send or receive more than 157,000 emails or watch almost 6,300 minutes of YouTube videos each month.

The rate covers only Web browsing, emails and video, so phone service costs will be tacked on top of the $30.

The package is notably more economical than those included in the set of iPhone plans Rogers released earlier this month. The cheapest plan under that structure includes 400 megabytes of data, 150 minutes of weekday talk time and unlimited evenings and weekends for $60 per month plus fees and taxes.

"In other countries a lot of companies are offering unlimited data plans," CTV technology expert Kris Abel told Newsnet on Wednesday. "(Rogers' iPhone plans) really outraged a lot of people because they were thought to be too excessively high."

Outraged techies posted an online petition protesting Rogers' rates shortly after their release. More than 57,000 potential customers added their names, demanding lower prices and protesting Rogers' requirement that users sign a three-year service contract.

"That, more than the high prices, is the real sticking point," said Abel, noting some users upgrade their phones much more often than every three years. "Three years is a serious commitment. We don't know when the next iPhone is going to launch."

Rogers' iPhone customers will have a choice between the promotional rate and existing voice and smartphone data plans.

The phone will be sold at selected six Rogers Plus stores and one Fido Store in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver. The phone is not being sold at Apple Canada retail outlets.

Rogers does react to well planned and publicized campaigns..... IPhone craze being a case in point.
However, because other canadian networks also have 3 yr contracts, don't expect Rogers or FIDO to bend on that part.

Klinkaroo said:
Constant and I can change the plan to anything else they have available at a cost of 10 dollars

Mine has been going up incrementally every few months or so (like my cable bill) and I could only renegotiate once (which I already have).

Back