• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guinness World Records crowns new hottest pepper

Happy Guy

Reaction score
The successor to Carolina Reaper is here and it is called Pepper X. Rejoice for all you chili pepper aficionados!

Personally I enjoy spicy foods, but not spicy just for being the hottest, spiciest, most mouth choking, burning and stomach turning in the world. I still need to build up my spice tolerance to Carolina Reaper.

The Guinness World Records has crowned Pepper X as the hottest chili pepper in the world, dethroning the Carolina Reaper chili pepper after 10 years.
For comparison, a habanero pepper typically hits 100,000 Scoville heat units, but Pepper X registers at 2.69 million units.

I was today years old when I learned that a pepper has a placenta…

Though people tend to believe the spice of a pepper comes from its seeds, capsaicin is contained in the placenta, the tissue which holds the seeds. Because of Pepper X's curves and ridges there is more surface area for the placenta to grow, according to the Guinness World Records.

Pepper X: Sean Evans, Chili Klaus & Smokin' Ed Currie Eat the New World's Hottest Pepper | Hot Ones​

I watched these guys eat Pepper X. The creator of Pepper X, Ed Currie eats it very little outward physical reaction, but everyone is quickly rendered somewhat incapacitated. Carolina Reaper is about 1.6 M scovilles while Pepper X is about 2.6M scovilles.

I won't be trying this pepper anytime shortly. I know my limits. I still have a family to support.

I’m a fan of hot peppers, but the Reaper is a monster and I don’t have any interest to try PepperX

Back