• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guns, Gangs and Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
2332Piper said:
Thats why I avoid going to many parts of Toronto unless I'm armed.

Since I own no firearms at all, I don't go to Toronto.

Maybe I should introduce you to some of our pipers, they would be glad to guide you along and not get hurt in our fair city.....

26_17_3.gif

dileas

tess

-Hutch- said:
yes you could kill someone with a spoon but i don't think that happens to often. also most of the people that are killed by cars are not targets. drivers do not drive off the road hitting all kinds of people when aiming for one, thats what happens with guns and Innocent bystanders getting shot.

pistols are bought for one purpose on the streets. although people claim they are for protection, you would not need firearm protection if people did not shoot each other.
you want to put an end to innocents being caught in cross-fires? Teach everyone to shoot straight.

::)

I fail to see what a pic of some gang clown with illegal weapons has got to do with this other than prove you cant fix society...

Infanteer said:
Maybe not an intentional target, but a person hit by a drunk driver and killed is an unintentional act due to criminal misuse of an object (in this case a car).   The fact that a gun was used in an assault/murder is irrelevent to the fact that somebody decided to go out and kill another person.

i agree about drunk drivers, but not all people that are killed by cars are killed by drunk drivers.

2332Piper said:
I just don't like Toronto period. I'm a Sens fan you see.   ;D

you poor thing. just Wait until the playoffs.

paracowboy said:
you want to put an end to innocents being caught in cross-fires? Teach everyone to shoot straight.

that is just like the Ontario liberals idea of stopping the spreading of aids by supplying crack kits to crack addicks

-Hutch- said:
that is just like the Ontario liberals idea of stopping the spreading of aids by supplying crack kits to crack addicks
"addicts". And, no, it is nothing like that. You were lamenting the victims of poor marksmanship. Improve everyone's marksmanship, and your issue disappears.

If your issue is with private ownership of firearms, you need to seriously remove your head from your arse. More guns in the hands of skilled, law-abiding users inevitably results in lower crime rates. Smart criminals move, stupid ones die.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting HIV/AIDS from smoking crack, but in the T dot, I guess anything is possible.  ;)

Also, I find it surprising that racial profiling has not become a more widely used method of law enforcement, especially in Toronto, where the "elephant in the living room" seems to be that the vast majority of the shooters and their vicitms are young, urban, black males.

A Toronto city councillor suggested empowering the Police to randomly search anyone in the affected neighborhoods who matched this description, as a method of stopping the carnage by getting the guns off the street - he was ignored - why?

GO!!! said:
Also, I find it surprising that racial profiling has not become a more widely used method of law enforcement, especially in Toronto, where the "elephant in the living room" seems to be that the vast majority of the shooters and their vicitms are young, urban, black males.

A Toronto city councillor suggested empowering the Police to randomly search anyone in the affected neighborhoods who matched this description, as a method of stopping the carnage by getting the guns off the street - he was ignored - why?

Cause the lefties scream racism every time the issue of profiling comes up, whether it makes sense or not. I love when people get upset at the idea of airport security scrutinizing certain groups, like they should make no distinction between middle eastern males and scandanavian grandmothers...  ::)

GO!!! said:

It *is* used....but of course the public relations machine would never admit it.

*Should* it be used? Absolutely. It would be foolish to ignore the trends (not just young, black males, but neighbourhoods too).

The innocent people getting pulled over/questioned by the police have to realize that it's not the cops they should get angry with - they can thank local gang activity for that.

paracowboy said:
"addicts". And, no, it is nothing like that. You were lamenting the victims of poor marksmanship. Improve everyone's marksmanship, and your issue disappears.

If your issue is with private ownership of firearms, you need to seriously remove your head from your arse. More guns in the hands of skilled, law-abiding users inevitably results in lower crime rates. Smart criminals move, stupid ones die.

so your saying if we let everyone have a gun and teach them to shoot properly than gun related murders will decrease?

GO!!! said:
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting HIV/AIDS from smoking crack, but in the T dot, I guess anything is possible.   ;)

Also, I find it surprising that racial profiling has not become a more widely used method of law enforcement, especially in Toronto,

ya forget the HIV/AIDS thing. the liberal ggovernmentis supplying crack kits to try and reduse the amount of people using crack.

if you even suggest that bring in racial profiling, you are labled a racists and put all over the news. people have tried it, and it does not work.

-Hutch- said:
so your saying if we let everyone have a gun and teach them to shoot properly than gun related murders will decrease?

Yeah its a small arms related MAD concept...  ;D

Seriously criminals will have access to weapons regardless -- they are criminals...  Lawfully Armed civilians are a huge deterent. 

Much as I do not like firearms, Kev is bang on here........cowards pick on the weak and not knowing would sink lots back under their rocks.....

for example -- my parents have two Labs (a 5 year old male and a 2 year old female)

The male grew up around an old cockerspaniel male who was quite frankly an unpleasnt dog -- so he (the lab) is not always a nice dog to other dogs.  He tends to try to intimidate other dogs with his size (he is pretty big and fit for a Lab as he does about 20km a day in walks - plus his own fooling around) -- However if another dog calls his attitude he tends to run away.

Same issue with schoolyard bullies - and street thugs.

Canada, in that regard, needs a serious overhaul.

I love how criminals have more rights in this country to protect themselves than the rest of us do.

Slim said:
Canada, in that regard, needs a serious overhaul.

I love how criminals have more rights in this country to protect themselves than the rest of us do.

welcome to canada

I think alot of you are missing the point.  The problem in TO is not a gun control issue.  As long as criminals exist, guns will be their tools.  The issue is the fact that for the last fifteen years, the people of Toronto have been screaming "racism" whenever a cop rolled onto the block.  It got to the point where two gangs could be fighting, and when the POPO showed up, they would turn on them.  This led to the FIDO call---Fuck It Drive On.  If coppers would pull up on a call involving obviously gang related parties ie) from their gang banger uniforms, then they would roll on and say "f_ck it".  Because, if they stopped and tried to help, the gangs would drop their differences and turn on the Police.  The "Leaders" of the Black community (can you say Dudley Laws) have worked dilligently for ten to fifteen years to create a political jug f_ck that ties the hands of the Police and makes an environment of permissiveness for the gang memebers.  If that community fought for that long to keep Police out of their affairs, then when their own community starts shooting itself up, then fuck them.  They reap the rewards that they worked for for so long.  Boo Friggin Hoo.  Eventually  they will run out of motivated individuals (criminals have a terribly short attention span) and things will die down.  What matters is will the Toronto Police have the political backing to do the job that the City needs?

zipperhead_cop said:
I think alot of you are missing the point.   The problem in TO is not a gun control issue.   As long as criminals exist, guns will be their tools.   The issue is the fact that for the last fifteen years, the people of Toronto have been screaming "racism" whenever a cop rolled onto the block.   It got to the point where two gangs could be fighting, and when the POPO showed up, they would turn on them.   This led to the FIDO call---frig It Drive On.   If coppers would pull up on a call involving obviously gang related parties ie) from their gang banger uniforms, then they would roll on and say "f_ck it".   Because, if they stopped and tried to help, the gangs would drop their differences and turn on the Police.   The "Leaders" of the Black community (can you say Dudley Laws) have worked dilligently for ten to fifteen years to create a political jug f_ck that ties the hands of the Police and makes an environment of permissiveness for the gang memebers.   If that community fought for that long to keep Police out of their affairs, then when their own community starts shooting itself up, then frig them.   They reap the rewards that they worked for for so long.   Boo Friggin Hoo.   Eventually   they will run out of motivated individuals (criminals have a terribly short attention span) and things will die down.   What matters is will the Toronto Police have the political backing to do the job that the City needs?

Excellent obsevation reminds me of a incident, while investigating a Armed 7/11 Robbery committed by two Black youths. On questioning one of the Suspects Parents at their Residence, the Suspects mother protested quite  loudly and vehemently  "Why are you dumb ?ss Cops always picking on us poor black folks".  After leaving, a plain clothes team staked out the residence. Latter that night, the Suspect was apprehended whilst leaving his parents residence. He and the other Suspect were arrested ,charged and found guilty. I guess what we did could be considered Racial Profiling.

So tell me, where should we have looked, the City's Mayors white up-scaled neighborhood. In answer to your question, no we will never get the political backing, not as long as its tied to VOTES.

The cops are screwed no matter what they do.  They can't touch anybody but straight white males without being declared homophobes racists and sexist.  When that one kid was shot and killed at the funeral of his friend (who had also been shot and killed), everyone was saying that police should have BEEN there to protect them, but they weren't because they were black.  That is a ludacris statement as we all can imagine if the cops had been there, they would have been saying that they were being picked on and being discriminated against cause they are black.  Either way the cops are screwed.  People need to come down of their high horses and realize there is a big problem in the Black community in certain parts of T.O. and labelling people as racists or bigots when they are pointing out the obvious does nothing to help the situation.  Whether or not people like the idea profiling works. 

zipperhead_cop said:
I think alot of you are missing the point.   The problem in TO is not a gun control issue.   As long as criminals exist, guns will be their tools.   The issue is the fact that for the last fifteen years, the people of Toronto have been screaming "racism" whenever a cop rolled onto the block.   It got to the point where two gangs could be fighting, and when the POPO showed up, they would turn on them.   This led to the FIDO call---frig It Drive On.   If coppers would pull up on a call involving obviously gang related parties ie) from their gang banger uniforms, then they would roll on and say "f_ck it".   Because, if they stopped and tried to help, the gangs would drop their differences and turn on the Police.   The "Leaders" of the Black community (can you say Dudley Laws) have worked dilligently for ten to fifteen years to create a political jug f_ck that ties the hands of the Police and makes an environment of permissiveness for the gang memebers.   If that community fought for that long to keep Police out of their affairs, then when their own community starts shooting itself up, then frig them.   They reap the rewards that they worked for for so long.   Boo Friggin Hoo.   Eventually   they will run out of motivated individuals (criminals have a terribly short attention span) and things will die down.   What matters is will the Toronto Police have the political backing to do the job that the City needs?

Bud

I don't know who you are but you're bang on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back