• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

This isn't genocide.
How is it not? They are killing people of a specific ethnicity and religion, in a attempt to drive them out of their homes. Is that not ethnic cleansing? Which is a form of genocide.

I am not saying Israel in general is doing it, I am saying the settlers are.

You don't know what that word means.

Actually I am very aware of what that word means. Choosing to ignore wrong doings because of who they are being done to is ethical blindness.

Reactions: ueo
How is it not? They are killing people of a specific ethnicity and religion, in an attempt to drive them out of their homes. Is that not ethnic cleansing? Which is a form of genocide.
Are you talking about Palestinians or Israelis here?

I think you’re misconstruing two different events.

1) In the West Bank Israeli settlers have been doing that - even when told by the courts to stop.

2) Some Israelis are suggesting that the cleared areas of Gaza be taken over by Israelis. This currently isn’t happening.
Actually I am very aware of what that word means. Choosing to ignore wrong doings because of who they are being done to is ethical blindness.

The IDF pulled out of Gaza and left it to self government. Hamas ‘won’ the elections and as a result of 7 October, the Israelis are off to deal with Hamas.

Neither side is innocent, but generally the Israelis aren’t out kidnapping and raping Palestinians, so I’m not exactly crying for Palestinians…

Not to mention how many time Israelis have taken their own government to court when they got to heavy handed with the WB Palestinians. Now how many times have the citizens of Gaza taken hams to court and lived long enough to see the case?

How is it not? They are killing people of a specific ethnicity and religion, in a attempt to drive them out of their homes. Is that not ethnic cleansing? Which is a form of genocide.

@KevinB said it better than I could.

What about Hamas taking donated water pipe and making rockets out of it? Denying Palestinians water for "the Cause" which is death to all Israelis?

What about Hamas Killing anyone that disagrees with them?

What about Hamas leaders living in luxury in Qatar while their people live in squalor? https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/qatar-hamas-israel-1.6999416

If you look closely at the facts I would hazard a bet more Palestinians have perished by the hands of Hamas then ever have by the hands of the IDF.

I agree with you genocide is occurring I just believe you have the aggressors wrong.

Jews were evicted from their homes and farms in Gaza territory by the UN in 1948. Hundreds were slaughtered by Arabs as they were taken out. Dozens of Jewish women were kidnapped for many months and sent back to the new State of Israel pregnant from rape and in some cases having delivered babies resulting from rape. So I’d say let’s take on that terror organization charge in court for them, and go after those perpetrator States.

What about Hamas taking donated water pipe and making rockets out of it? Denying Palestinians water for "the Cause" which is death to all Israelis?

What about Hamas Killing anyone that disagrees with them?

What about Hamas leaders living in luxury in Qatar while their people live in squalor? https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/qatar-hamas-israel-1.6999416

If you look closely at the facts I would hazard a bet more Palestinians have perished by the hands of Hamas then ever have by the hands of the IDF.

I agree with you genocide is occurring I just believe you have the aggressors wrong.
Don't forget about Hamas rockets falling short and landing on Palestinians.

What if two sides are both simultaneously capable of heinous acts and beliefs against each other, and crimes against humanity can find cheerleaders on both sides?

Seconds Out!

1711420583218.png

Can we agree that Hamas are nothing more than terrorists?
No, as the de facto political leadership in Gaza they’re more than that; but yes they are obviously also terrorists and committing terrorist crimes.

Jews were evicted from their homes and farms in Gaza territory by the UN in 1948. Hundreds were slaughtered by Arabs as they were taken out. Dozens of Jewish women were kidnapped for many months and sent back to the new State of Israel pregnant from rape and in some cases having delivered babies resulting from rape. So I’d say let’s take on that terror organization charge in court for them, and go after those perpetrator States.
Cite your source(s) please.

Considering 1) they are doing it right now in the West Bank, it isn’t a maybe. This would just be a expansion of their practices. And 2) since when did we get so tolerant of genocide?

What they advocate isn’t far off to what the Germans advocated just prior to WWII. Read the stages of the Holocaust to understand that where these settlers are at is just under start sending them to concentration camps.

As to your thought crime argument, advocating genocide in Canada has been a crime for a long time. This meets the criteria.

These are terrorists, and even worse than most, they are state sanctioned ones. Israel needs to get a grip on them, or the rest of the world needs to make them a pariah to understand that those acts aren’t acceptable.
So those chanting 'To the River and the Sea' here in Canada- is that considered an argument for advocating genocide under your definition?

Cite your source(s) please.
many history books written before 1970. I can recall reading of the murders in high school world history class. Its no secret but it seems to have been redacted from current publications.

many history books written before 1970. I can recall reading of the murders in high school world history class. Its no secret but it seems to have been redacted from current publications.
Very political response, so without being a pendant, cite one.

What if two sides are both simultaneously capable of heinous acts and beliefs against each other, and crimes against humanity can find cheerleaders on both sides?
Actually in 1948 the only army that came out of that with clean hands were the Egyptians, who actually protected Jewish settlers and prisoners from palestinian mobs.

Very political response, so without being a pendant, cite one.

Realistically, history is irrelevant. You can go back to the dawn of time and find claim to lands.

In 2024, Israel isn't going anywhere, if not expanding into the West Bank over time. People in gaza are no where closer to what we consider a modern society. They are forever destined to live in a bombed out, cratered piece of crap unless THEY change. Gaza, Palestine, who cares, the name of the state doesn't matter, it's what they do with it NOW, in 2024 and beyond.

I'm not sure specifically about events surrounding the expulsion of Jews from Gaza but Arab violence against the Jews in Israel/Palestine goes back long before the 1948 war.

Back