• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
The Warzone has a two articles about the IAF strike against Yemen. Not only did the IAF hit the oil tanks, but also the only two cranes capable of transferring material from ships to shore which will drastically cut down on the ability the Yemen government to move material ashore.

The first video is from the 20th and the second from yesterday.

The Warzone has a two articles about the IAF strike against Yemen. Not only did the IAF hit the oil tanks, but also the only two cranes capable of transferring material from ships to shore which will drastically cut down on the ability the Yemen government to move material ashore.

The first video is from the 20th and the second from yesterday.

Yea I saw those video's of the crane strikes, the Israelis want to hurt the Houthi's bad. With the loss of revenue, food, fuel, weapons and status, they are going to have a hard time keeping the loyalty of the tribes on the fringes of their territory. Meanwhile you see the US,KSA and UAE bolster the Yeminis government ability to extend their influence.

I think he means that this person could be a Canadian of convienence.

Who ever they were, it's sounds like they played stupid games and won stupid prizes.
My point is that if you have a Canadian passport and are considered a Canadian citizen, then youā€™re a Canadian (not a ā€œCanadianā€) no matter your skin tone or ethnicity.

My point is that if you have a Canadian passport and are considered a Canadian citizen, then youā€™re a Canadian (not a ā€œCanadianā€) no matter your skin tone or ethnicity.

Why do you think this has some sort of racial undertone ? Or is it because of the geo location of this incident ?

I would argue lots of people have a Canadian passport who have contributed absolutely nothing to Canada and who live elsewhere and only to whip it out in an emergency expecting mother Canada to come to the rescue. I would imagine with out lax immigration and citizenship laws we have people from all walks off life who have done this. Race or skin tone has nothing to do with it.

Either way the dude shwacked FAFO'd. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Citizenship has nothing to do with is.

A settler Canadian or a ā€œrealā€ Canadian šŸ˜‰.

(Iā€™m agreeing with you Dimsum, BTW)

Why do you think this has some sort of racial undertone ? Or is it because of the geo location of this incident ?

I would argue lots of people have a Canadian passport who have contributed absolutely nothing to Canada and who live elsewhere and only to whip it out in an emergency expecting mother Canada to come to the rescue. I would imagine with out lax immigration and citizenship laws we have people from all walks off life who have done this. Race or skin tone has nothing to do with it.

Either way the dude shwacked FAFO'd. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Citizenship has nothing to do with is.
I agree with the FAFO part.

What I didnā€™t agree with was the insinuation that there are levels of Canadian-ness aside from citizen, PR, etc.

My point, which we all seem to agree on, is that once one has a passport and is considered a citizen, then one is Canadian. Full stop.

A settler Canadian or a ā€œrealā€ Canadian šŸ˜‰.

(Iā€™m agreeing with you Dimsum, BTW)
For the record, I F*****g hate the term "Settler". Just another virtue signaling division of people. JFC, my family have been here since 1820 (dad's side) and 1870 (mom's side). I have as much in common with an European as I do with rock in Antarctica.

What I didnā€™t agree with was the insinuation that there are levels of Canadian-ness aside from citizen, PR, etc.

I believe there are people who will gain Canadian passports for less the wholesome reasons and there are people who will gain Canadian passports simply as a get out of jail free card when things sideways where they are. Sometimes those are the same people.

One of the major issues Canada and Canadians have to come to terms with is that we can't just allow people to take from this great country. We have to contribute too, citizenship should demand that.

So yes I do believe there are Canadian of convenience. I don't believe that has any correlation to race, culture or creed. Shitty people come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

My point, which we all seem to agree on, is that once one has a passport and is considered a citizen, then one is Canadian. Full stop.

That seems to be the law of the land.

Where did I mention skin colour? Oh wait, I didnā€™t but you assumed anyway and got triggered.

Where did I mention skin colour? Oh wait, I didnā€™t but you assumed anyway and got triggered.
Apologies. Weā€™re talking about a thread about Israel and Gaza, with obvious ethnic/religious overtones, so it seemed to me (a visible minority born/raised in Canada) that ā€œCanadianā€ (with the quotes) could be construed as a slight on someone who doesnā€™t look like the majority.

I believe there are people who will gain Canadian passports for less the wholesome reasons and there are people who will gain Canadian passports simply as a get out of jail free card when things sideways where they are. Sometimes those are the same people.

One of the major issues Canada and Canadians have to come to terms with is that we can't just allow people to take from this great country. We have to contribute too, citizenship should demand that.

So yes I do believe there are Canadian of convenience. I don't believe that has any correlation to race, culture or creed. Shitty people come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

That seems to be the law of the land.

I know plenty of people that have European passports and are happy to use them when itā€™s suits them. I donā€™t blame people for having more than one passport that grants them certain advantages. I mean we have people on this very forum bragging about leaving once they get their pensions and benefits and will likely still hold on to their passports and citizenship and use it when it suits them.

But itā€™s a double edged sword. I know some folks that have been detained in their other country for things like military service and there is not much the Canada can do to help them. I know a few too that got the heck out of dodge and can never go back.

I know plenty of people that have European passports and are happy to use them when itā€™s suits them. I donā€™t blame people for having more than one passport that grants them certain advantages. I mean we have people on this very forum bragging about leaving once they get their pensions and benefits and will likely still hold on to their passports and citizenship and use it when it suits them.
100% agree.

Or folks who get Green Cards and work in the US for the higher salary, but donā€™t give up their Canadian passport. Are they ā€œCanadians of convenienceā€ too?

Or folks who get Green Cards and work in the US for the higher salary, but donā€™t give up their Canadian passport. Are they ā€œCanadians of convenienceā€ too?
Too broad of a statement. Lots of reasons to work in the US. Job opportunities, OutCan, partner is US citizen, company transfer, etc, etc.

Back