• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Speaking from my experience of 10+ years on the job, no, you’re completely out to lunch. I would not arrest or charge based on that video; none of us would. You’re out to lunch and speaking to something you don’t understand. The fact that you even think cash bail is a thing in any but the more serious cases just highlights this.

Her actions were certainly not graceful, but nobody put into that position is eating a criminal charge out of what we see. The facts don’t support it, and it wouldn’t be in the public interest to burden the justice system even if they did. That has nothing to do with who is shown in this specific video. If you get in someone’s face, they have some leeway to make a bit of space for their own safety.

I sense a lot of discrimination in that post. :)

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

dis·crim·i·na·tion
/dəˌskriməˈnāSHən/

recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.
"discrimination between right and wrong"

Martin's and Black's, the two books every law student gets on day one of year one and never opens for the next three years because the answers in them are usually only a small fraction of the real law.

🍻
Ya, I used my Black's mostly to keep the Latin words and phrases straight in my head. Thankfully, their use is much reduced now.

This one got heated. Video of TPS mounted unit splitting the crowd. I’m only sharing this tweet as a source for the video, not because I have any time or sympathy for the whining in the comments.

Based on the crowd’s reaction to the horses, you’d think they charged at a full gallop swinging truncheons.

Nice to see TPS finally taking some action. Odd that it was violations of the HTA that did it.

Israel accused of deadly strike on Iranian consulate in Syria​

Israeli aircraft targeted the consulate building from the direction of the occupied Golan Heights at about 17:00 local time (14:00 GMT) on Monday, Syria's defence ministry said

Can this is seen as a massive failure of Russian Air Defence? I assume that the Russians have some high level radar, AA in place in Syria OR does this prove that Russia has pulled all/most of this out because its needed back home and Syria is pretty much left naked?

Israel accused of deadly strike on Iranian consulate in Syria​

Israeli aircraft targeted the consulate building from the direction of the occupied Golan Heights at about 17:00 local time (14:00 GMT) on Monday, Syria's defence ministry said

Can this is seen as a massive failure of Russian Air Defence? I assume that the Russians have some high level radar, AA in place in Syria OR does this prove that Russia has pulled all/most of this out because its needed back home and Syria is pretty much left naked?
From what I’ve been able to gather, looks like this is an annex building adjacent to the main embassy. So basically they smoked a significant portion of Iran’s main diplomatic compound and a number of HVTs.

Solid hit on military personnel; the deliberate hit on a diplomatic compound is a very loud “fuck you” though, and we can expect that to reverberate and generate blowback.

This one got heated. Video of TPS mounted unit splitting the crowd. I’m only sharing this tweet as a source for the video, not because I have any time or sympathy for the whining in the comments.

Not fair to the horses, of course, as they can be injured by the pond life.

Instead of pushing them around like wind driven leaves I would have liked to see a good cordon thrown in, followed by a fleet of Paddy Wagons whistled up to herald the prompt arrest of stroppy protesters.

After about 20 minutes of seeing their riot-mates being arrested, the remainder would probably have remembered they left the bath running at home ;)

Instead of pushing them around like wind driven leaves I would have liked to see a good cordon thrown in, followed by a fleet of Paddy Wagon whistled up to herald the prompt arrest of stroppy protesters.

After about 20 minutes of seeing their riot-mates being arrested, the remainder would probably have remembered they left the bath running at home ;)

A lot of people sound brave until the paddy wagon they’re in is backing up to the receiving end of the jail…

Instead of pushing them around like wind driven leaves I would have liked to see a good cordon thrown in, followed by a fleet of Paddy Wagons whistled up to herald the prompt arrest of stroppy protesters.

We don’t do kettling anymore, nor should we. Ask Bill Blair about that.

What do you do?
Push from one side; leave a way for people to get out if they don’t want to be there. It reduces unnecessary and potentially unlawful arrests of people who were just incidentally engaged in lawful protest, it reduces risks of injury, and it reduces violence. The Ottawa convoy clearance was a textbook example.

We don’t do kettling anymore, nor should we. Ask Bill Blair about that.

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back