• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals

I hate the Beatles... Am I finally not alone ?
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

Forgive if I fail to have much sympathy for a Prince who lost their mother. I'm sure he dried his tears with British banking notes. Life must have been real hard growing up in opulence after that.

These folks, the Royals, get way too much coverage.
Most as much as the Kar Klan!

This morning in the Winnipeg Sun it was reported that Meaghan was disappointed in Harry's net worth or lack thereof. Mind you I think the source was the Brit media.

That's the problem with marrying into old money... you have to stay on good terms with the old til they die...then you get the money. If not... cassé

Except the red-headed child wasn't "old money". Though his late mother came from a comfortable background, basically her brother got the family assets along with the title on that side of the family; anything that was in her estate were mostly the proceeds of a divorce settlement, which, though generous, wasn't "go f*** yourself, I'm set for life in the style to which I've become accustomed" money, especially divided down to a next generation. And though there may (or may not) be some form of inheritance with a paternal passing, the passage of the majority of that wealth is predetermined; only the man who would be King (and his presumptive heir) gets that.

Except the red-headed child wasn't "old money". Though his late mother came from a comfortable background, basically her brother got the family assets along with the title on that side of the family; anything that was in her estate were mostly the proceeds of a divorce settlement, which, though generous, wasn't "go f*** yourself, I'm set for life in the style to which I've become accustomed" money, especially divided down to a next generation. And though there may (or may not) be some form of inheritance with a paternal passing, the passage of the majority of that wealth is predetermined; only the man who would be King (and his presumptive heir) gets that.
Fair point. I was speaking in generalities ofcourse.

The concept of generational wealth is vastly different between the American "tycoon" or "celebrity" and British aristocracy; and the Duchess is finding out rather quickly.

Back