• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hate Valentine's Day?

I'm taking the little sister out to see the chick flick "Music & Lyrics" that is released tonight. I think she'll be a better date than any guy I've ever had on this day.  ;D

I am not very big on Valentine's Day, but hubby is, so I go along.

I must say that he really did good for himself this year.

bonus points for the card.

9r domestic said:
I am not very big on Valentine's Day, but hubby is, so I go along.

I must say that he really did good for himself this year.

bonus points for the card.

That he did! Good man!

The wife is in Mirage so I guess I get nothing. nada zip crapola .....
Just an old leather glove and some KY.....just like last night...

My wife and me just discussed how lame the whole valentines day shopping is.Hummmm...how do we get revenue up after Christmas....before Easter....I know we'll call in valentines day!Lame excuse of a holiday that plays on needy people, and their ridiculous Significant other trying to out do himself/herself from last year.

Plus a day before pay day....she ain't gettin squat!

And yes...I am happily married.So she tells me. ;)

Making pancakes and bacon for breakfast in the middle of the week should suffice I think. Especially when they're made to spell out mushy stuff on the plate. I might pick her up some chocolates or something on my way home from work today to top it off... if she's good.  ;)

OK here's the deal. I have enough trouble....and get in enough trouble...getting Christmas and THE Birthday right. God! Those of you following my troubles know that my attention span and creativity are extremely limited so don't throw another one of these "wobblies" at me!!
Thankfully my spouse's birthday is Feb 09 and so we forgo this icky nonsense of Valentine's day.
No ladies I did not take her out to the North End Beverage Room for her B day.
I had her girlfriends surprise her at my place with a dress up party....I got her pressies and cards and she was quite impressed....whew...dodged another bullet. ;D

Des,

I'm pretty sure you don't like *any* holiday.

Edit:

However, I'd just like to add that I hardly believe Valentine's Day qualifies as a holidy, more of an "occasion". Des is just a grumpy, bitter, man.

You can get roses a lot cheaper. I've had some from smaller "less known" flower shops, and even the grocery store that have been really beautiful, AND lived a lot longer. An ex once got me 2 dozen for $30.00. Not bad at all. Just have to shop around.

I can't hate it when I got these today..

Flowers.jpg

lint said:

Too true! We can say we hate it all we want, but when the man comes through... we're smiling.

Very beautiful flowers!

Day off - one day's annual
Getting myself ready for work until she leaves for work - $0
Small bouquet, prepared in a water-filled plastic pouch that will last for two weeks - $43
Chocolates, hand-made truffles - $10
Jewelry, one-of-a-kind semi-precious stone and silver pendant - $37
(Total $90)

Walking into her work at 1130 to give it all to her in front of jealous co-workers - Priceless :)

Brownie points .... enough to get out of cooking dinner, and then some.  :D

lint said:

Flowers.jpg
You got a picture of flowers for Valentine's Day? I hope he kept the gift receipt...

How Hallmark managed to take a day we celebrate the massacre of a bunch of gansters in a Chicago garage, and turned it into a day of candy, hearts, and shmoopy-poo talk is disgusting.

Rice0031 said:
Des,

I'm pretty sure you don't like *any* holiday.

Edit:

However, I'd just like to add that I hardly believe Valentine's Day qualifies as a holidy, more of an "occasion". Des is just a grumpy, bitter, man.

Grrrrrrr.....

Fyuri said:
You got a picture of flowers for Valentine's Day? I hope he kept the gift receipt...
:D Har dee har har...
go have something sweet

Piper said:
I hate how it costs 91$ for 6 friggin roses.

Don't listen to those stupid love songs and articles, being single is WAY better, especially for your wallet.  ;)

1+ ;D

The V day is just away to make guys feel bad that they do not treat the girl in thier life better everyday.

I hate it, I never do the flowers or the chocolate thing because i donot want her thinking I forgot and ran out at the last minute and got her roses ( hate them anyways) i do the special thing every so often just so she knows she is not taken for granted

Enjoy if you want, do not expect me to enjoy it lol

Valentines = just another day
....But since I've had a pretty good day week so far, so I'm not going going to waste my time bashing Valentines day.

Back