• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hearing Conservation

Do you have hearing damage from your service in the CF?

• No, not at all - my hearing is as good today as when I signed up

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Slight hearing loss in one or both ears

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Slight Tinnitus (ringing) in one or both ears

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Hearing loss and Tinnitus in one or both ears

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Significant hearing loss and/or loud ringing in one or both ears

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
the 48th regulator said:
What happened to using two  empty casings, shoved in yer ears.

Bloody modern day Mamby Pamabies....

dileas

tess

BRASS !

You have to polish BRASS.  Why would I want to have more brass to shine?    ;D

i fully intend on using these(http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/other_accessories/6022.htm) or something similar when on the range, or other high volume area..

last thing i want is to miss hearing my grandkids laughter...

Two weeks ago, when I went to the range for a Sig Sauer refresher, we were forced to use two layers of hearing protection: the little yellow ones that you shove into the ears and the big ear muffs... it felt like an overkill

While some would say "there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to your hearing" Your right Ear defenders PLUS ear plugs is overkill for a range. Those were reserved for the very worst of Aircraft which are MUCH worse than a Sig.

Nothing wrong with conventional earplugs, they fulfill their purpose. The reason the QuietPro is superior is that it enhances hearing for lower noise levels, while blocking damaging noise levels. In other words you won't miss an order, and you won't risk your hearing either.

Anything that enhances a soldier's performance in both the short and long-term, while reducing the risks they have to face, is a good fit in my books.

I believe newer models function as communications devices as well, serving a dual purpose. They are worth a look, here's the developers website: http://www.nacre.no/

Back