• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helmet Cam/Scrim

I was just wondering what you ppl think about artificial scrim? I find that when ppl have artificial scrim, it keeps them from taking the 5-10 min to put actual vegetation on their helmets and camouflage it better. The artificial scrim breaks up the silhouette, but it is still way more noticable than proper "living" scrim.

I suppose it would depend on what and where you are.  I saw no need in the turret of my Coyote, to pick through the foulage to scrim up my helmet, when that fowlage would be different at the next fire posn I took.  Artificial scrim served me just fine.  Although, a scrimmed helmet still stands out on top of a Coyote.  ;D

On my helmet, I have a lot of cut up burlap, scarf, etc Sometimes I add grass an other stuff to it, mainly in defensive positions or something like that, just have to change the natural vegetation every so often(replace the dead/dried vegetation with live stuff). Works for me.

Useless and goofy looking?

I believe so

Please post thoughts and opinions on helmet scrim

I believe theres a thread or two on it already.

All I Know is my BN no longer wears scrim on our helmts.

Your inexperience is showing yet again.

Helmet Scrim may look stupid and useless to you and all your like minded buddies, but it has served its purpose in making a smooth rounded shaped object become less so and to disrupt its colour and shape from standing out like a sore thumb in an operational setting.  It has saved lives in past conflicts.

That being said, it is no longer used in current operations, as there is no requirements for it.

Scrim that does not have IR and Thermal defeating properties defeats those of the current CADPAT CAM Cover.  So if one is to use Scrim today, they must destroy some item that is CF issue CADPAT.

Ah Tess, but he... OH!! Wait... is this one of those um... um... what cha ma call its? A rhetorical questions?  ;D

cesare753... did you learn nothing on your BMQ or SQ? Oh wait... you haven't gotten there yet. So BMQ... remember the lesson on 'Why Things Are Seen'? Maybe you need to revisit that lecture...

An of coruse we shall leave it up to our resident expert TN2IC to bring forth the lessons learned...

Back