• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helmet Cam

Yeah we noted that earlier there RTaylor.

But we continued the discussion on CAM instead.

Since when is scrim out? We were told to use scrim on course last summer.

I think it is quite useful to break up the outline of the helmet. An alternative would be the Israeli Mitznefet, which may look goofy but is IMO very effective.

Loch Sloy! said:
Since when is scrim out? We were told to use scrim on course last summer.
I find it depends on your chain of command if you wear scrim or not.  One day you have it then have a change of OC then he may say that the company is not to wear it. 

My preference what it is worth is not to wear it, get in the way of the MNVG and can be a fire hazard.

dangerboy said:
My preference what it is worth is not to wear it, get in the way of the MNVG and can be a fire hazard.

Ummm...personally I'd take a burning helmet off my head.  Seriousley though, has anyone here ever seen a soldier with a burning helmet and not other parts burning as well?  If I've done something to cause my helmet to be on fire, I suspect I've got other issues to deal with.

I use scrim.

main.php

It does not interfere mith my MNVG's, it is not a fire hazard, it is effective when used in the proper environment.  Mine is made of strips of my individual cam blanket, TW.

The fire hazard rule applies to scrim nets made of strips of old cotton t-shirts or waffle pattern long underwear.  These would catch fire if they came into contact with say, a hot machine gun barrel.  If you make your scrim from a fire resistant cam blanket or treated pieces of burlap, you will be fine.  If it interferes with your MNVG or your own vision, you've made it too long.  It just needs to break up the round rock shape of your helmet.

Harris said:
Ummm...personally I'd take a burning helmet off my head.  Seriousley though, has anyone here ever seen a soldier with a burning helmet and not other parts burning as well?  If I've done something to cause my helmet to be on fire, I suspect I've got other issues to deal with.

;D

Well, there was this time at _______ Camp where Tpr Bloggins cleaned his scrim in naptha and then while "air drying" it on his head, lit up a smoke......

LOL - good one George,

Reminds me of a time when fella was at the urinal doing his business & decided to toss in his cigarette butt... what he did not know was that some poor slob had just moments earlier emptied out a coleman stove's fuel cell in same said urinal..... "WHUMP!  Porcelaine all over the place & fella was checking to make sure his "lil guy" was still OK   ;D :blotto: ;D

envious1 said:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I was wondering are helmet cam allowed in the Canadian Army overseas.
Hopefully when I am done my Infantry course I will have the opportunity to head over to Afghanistan and was just wondering if Helmet cams are allowed.

I do apologize if this was not the right place to post this.
You havn't even had your interview yet and your worried about capturing war footage from Afghanistan?

I thought the days of scrim were over until going on the most recent ex of an unnamed infantry unit  ::)  we were told we would have scrim on our helmets  ::)

Farmboy said:
We will have the ATS/Lightfighter Helmet Cam avalible shortly  :D
I know this is an old topic, but do you have any POVs avialable?

Back