• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help !!!!!!!! How To Use Quote Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarecr

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry to bug everyone,but I am running out of Rolaids trying to figure out how you get those quotes and replies into those little green boxes ? Am I even asking for help on the right Forum ?

Exarecr said:
Sorry to bug everyone,but I am running out of Rolaids trying to figure out how you get those quotes and replies into those little green boxes ? Am I even asking for help on the right Forum ?
um, just below " Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print " in the upper right hand corner of your
little window you type in and above the message, it says "quote"

Exarecr said:

Did you try to use the Quote button, to the top left right of the post?

[Edit:  Sorry, your Army Right.  We aren't on parade.  ;D ]

Exarecr said:

(not to show off ;))

Hit the "quote" button in the upper right of the post you want to quote, or enter:

Code:
[quote]
The quote goes here.
[/quote]

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Mike

click on the quote box, the one to the right of # in the icons above. Ensure blinking cursor is in the middle of the bracket sets and then simply paste in the words you want to quote.

When you type your message, you will see a number of square grey buttons over top the text box.

To manually insert a quote, highlight the text you want to quote, then click the button
that has the cartoon style word balloon in it.

To automatically quote a message, you will see a quote option at the top right of the message
you want to quote.

:rofl:

OK, I"ll play too.....

Have you tried the <quote> button? Upper right, somewhere.  ;D

Could be worse... the answers could all be different...

Then again, we aren't sure what he wants to "quote".......[ quote ] quote [ /quote]......or.........[ url=some http//file] link [ /url]......?    ;D

Quoting Myself said:
Google offers wide ranging lists of codes to this effect. Or you could go to the SMF site (type of forum software, link at the very bottom) and look at their support page: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=search2

Thank you all. Now that I'm totally confused (just kidding), I am off to decipher. Thanks again.

Funny that you specificly titled this thread "HELP!!!!"

So, at this time I'll point out the "HELP" button that is located on your toolbar next to the "HOME" button.

Quote functions and how to use them etc are all explained with one click onto that "HELP" button.  :D

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=help

And now that your question is answered, I'll lock this one up.

The Librarian
Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back