• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help with shipping a package to Europe.

Final

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to send a a small to medium package (A book or two) to Turku, Finland from BC, Canada.  I've bee looking at options such as UPS, FedEX, Canada Post and such.  I was wondering if anyone could possibly suggest a cheap option to me.  I'm not worried about how long it takes to be delivered, But I really don't want to spend 200 dollars to send a book to another continent.

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated, Especially since I have never shipped a package that far before.

- Final

It cost me $35 to ship a small can of Tim Horton's coffee grounds to Hong Kong... and that was just standard international air mail.  :-\

I ship computers and eledtronics and FedEx has always been my go-to solution.  Customs brokerage is included in the shipping rate and they rarely lose anything.

You can get a quote at their website: http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/ but you need an account to prepare the shipment online.  Once you have a quote, you can look up the nearest drop-off location where they will help you prepare and package the shipment.  Since the shipment value is less than $2000.00 CAD, you won't need to fill out Canadian Customs B-13.  You can also track the package online.

Don't buy the optional insurance, it's not needed since, as I said, losses are rare.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the information!  I was wondering if buying the books from say.. "Chapters" and having them ship it to the destination and then just mailing the gift letter via Canada post would be a good idea?

- Final

Why not try to see if the book is available on Amazon (or one of its European sites)?  They are used to shipping internationally and it may even be available at one of their affiliate sites with a distribution hub closer to the destination.

Back