• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help With two Drill Movements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pte. Fisher

Inactive
Reaction score
I haven't done drill in a long time and I have a parade tomorrow. I know right dress without weapon has the right arm outstretched and the head turning right as well. However, I was wondering how it is different with a C-7 in hand.

Also, I was wondering if someone could explain to me "changing arms on the march" as I never learned this command at all. Please remind me. It would be a great help.

Sweet mother of....

I really hope that this is a Parade Practise you have tomorrow vice an actual "Parade."

If not, why are you asking this now?? You should have asked your supervisor the minute you learned about the "parade"...which was not today.

Your only hope is to have the "Parade" cancelled. From your questions, you are new to military training and as The Librarian mentioned, it better be a "Practice Parade".

If so, don't sweat it, you will be instructed in the correct drill.

I'm not "new" to military training. I just came off 8 months of leave, and I haven't done drill in quite some time. No need to be hostile, I was just asking a question.

Pte. Fisher said:
I'm not "new" to military training.

You are 17 and have only BMQ listed as military experience ............you are in fact NEW to military training.

do a search of this site, the link to the drill manual has been posted before and your question will be answered.

Left arm instead of right but head pivots in the normal direction (right on a right dress, inwards on an inward dress).

When you're at work, ask a PLQ qualified individual to give you remedial drill training.  Said individual will pick up deficencies far better than Drill & Ceremonial.  No shame in asking for self improvement & it will be helpful for the instructing party.  Others may require it as well.  He or she will also be able to give you proper instruction on change arms on the march should you require that movement.  You may not have enough time to become proficient in the movement in time simply reading it.

Finally...
This:
Pte. Fisher said:
I know right dress without weapon has the right arm outstretched and the head turning right as well. However, I was wondering how it is different with a C-7 in hand.

Contradicts this:
Pte. Fisher said:
I'm not "new" to military training.

Shamrock is right, drill, no matter how replete the 201 is, is something to be learned on a Parade Square with an ill tempered qualified instructor.

Just for the heck of it here's the link though...

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/Downloads/cfp201.pdf

Dress with Arms on page 4-1-13 (or 157 of 684 in the Acrobat Reader)

Change Arms at the Shoulder on the March  on 4-1-37 or 181 in Acrobat.

Shamrock said:
Left arm instead of right but head pivots in the normal direction (right on a right dress, inwards on an inward dress).

Has really changed this much or is that just a guess?
Never heard of raising left arm on right dress with rifles on parade. Visually adjust your spacing & alignment to the person on your right.

CFP201, 4-1-13

DRESSING A SQUAD
34. When dressing a squad on parade with rifles,
the squad may be at the order or shoulder arms
position.

35. On the command RIGHT (LEFT) – DRESS,
the movement is executed normally except that the
left arm is raised as the head is turned in the required
direction.

The purpose of this thread (I'm on parade tomorrow) should be moot , at this point. He's either done it right or wrong by now. Next time, perhaps he'll seek help from his immediate supervisor, with appropriate time for explanation and practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back