• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long to get DEU's

sneak and peek soldier

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering i ordered my DEU's about a month ago and they still haven't come in....i was just wondering how much longer i would have to wait for them to come on.

Any ideas for how long i still need to wait would be great

thanks alot guys

Depends.

If you ordered them through Clothing Stores and they are your "initial Issue" it can take up to 45 days for them to come in.

If you ordered them via Logistik Unicorp the standard delivery to whatever address you input is 5 days inside Canada. If the item was unavailable or backordered it should have told you that when you placed your on-line order and I would think you should call their customer service line and advise them that you have not recd your shipment yet.

You can check the status of your Logistik On-Line order here:

http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

I got sized through my unit and they never gave me a time that they would come in they just said that "i would know when it arrived" but that didn't really give me a time frame.

sneak and peek soldier said:
I got sized through my unit and they never gave me a time that they would come in they just said that "i would know when it arrived" but that didn't really give me a time frame.

Initial Issue then. Can take up to 45 days. If you haven't got them then...I'd be making some serious inquiries as to where the heck they are!! Don't get a suitable answer? Ask for the supervisor and ask them to provide you with the order (Req)number and the shipping details.

Reservists are supposed to wait 1 year before they're eligible for DEU's, unless thats changed....

Yeah it changed again. The one year time-line was only applicable to Army Reserves.

Now they are entitled to them after completing 1 year of service or upon successful completion of trades trg, whichever comes first.

Sneak and Peek,

A better question might be why you are so eager to have a hot, itchy, uncomfortable uniform, with lots of brass to shine and pins to precisely place, which requires expensive dry cleaning every time you wear it.

To each his own I guess...

GO!!! said:
dry cleaning every time you wear it.

That's not usually necessary.  If you hang it up as soon as you take it off, and leave it out for a day or so, it should be okay for a few days' wear between drycleanings.

I have almost two years in and my QM still won't give me my DEU's because I'm not DP1 qualified. Supposidly your year in is the ticket... but who knows.

I inquired about ordering my DEU's from Logistik but was told initial issue was suppose to be from your unit. Again, I'm not sure... alas... At least I have my TV and Small pack... QM had a fit over issuing TV's to non DP1 pers.

God Bless

Tim Chi

yeah i have been in for more than a year and i have my trade now so they sized me for my deu's and I don't know why i would want that....guess to look just so damn sexy in it LOL....oh and thank god i have my TV and Small pack but i have one other question...

I just got my Mortar gloves but i have so many pair of gloves it's absolutely ridiculous but i was just wondering what the mortar gloves are supposed to be used for...ie summer time just beating around in the bush? or what

tim_chi said:
I have almost two years in and my QM still won't give me my DEU's because I'm not DP1 qualified. Supposidly your year in is the ticket... but who knows.

I inquired about ordering my DEU's from Logistik but was told initial issue was suppose to be from your unit. Again, I'm not sure... alas... At least I have my TV and Small pack... QM had a fit over issuing TV's to non DP1 pers.

Base God Bless

Tim Chi

QM's are the Supply Sections in First Line Units and Schools.
Base Clothing Stores are not QMs.
Just thought I'd clarify this for all the CTC/CFSME students who walk into Clothing Stores here on Base every day saying "but my course WO told me to go to the QM to get...yada yada yada." Guess what? Wrong building ...go back up to the QM in your school. That's gotta suck. It's an awful long march from J7 to Clothing Stores for no reason whatsoever.  ;)

The message on DEU Entitlement clearly reads:

Upon successful completion of Basic Trades Training or upon completion of 1 year of honourable Service from Date of Enrolment.

You are indeed entitled to your DEUs. Your initial issue is indeed the responsibility of your supporting Base Clothing Stores to provide (not your QM). Use your Logistik points for exchanging or ordering extra...let the system take of your your initial kit issue.

I will post the message number in this thread Monday from work for you.

sneak and peek soldier said:
I just got my Mortar gloves but i have so many pair of gloves it's absolutely ridiculous but i was just wondering what the mortar gloves are supposed to be used for...ie summer time just beating around in the bush? or what

Mortar gloves are to be worn in inclement weather when firing mortars at the enemy!

What did you think that they were for?

Back