• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how many people will be on BOTC

CDN Aviator said:
Freind of mine CFR'd recently and went to BOTC in the fall of last year.  There were several other CFR pers with him.  All of them wore their medals in DEUs, he wore AF accoutrements and so did the other CFRs

Which division did they go through? 
Were the CFR or UT or ROTP (Previous Service)?

I thought we were getting away from the, "I don't have experience with this, but a friend of mine did this..." here at army.ca

It also helps to have access to the CFLRS Candidate SOP, avail on the DNET which explains these things for you such as the wearing of devices and honours . And for you shamrock, I didn't say I knew more than the instructors, I said I had researched the questions I had (they do teach that to nco's you know) and came up with solid answers from the trainig establishment in question.

CDN Aviator said:
Freind of mine CFR'd recently and went to BOTC in the fall of last year.  There were several other CFR pers with him.  All of them wore their medals in DEUs, he wore AF accoutrements and so did the other CFRs

Did they CFR or are they UTPNCM's / other entry plans?  BIG difference...

edit: If they CFR'd they should not be doing BOTP / BOTC / BMOQ ??

Shamrock said:
Which division did they go through? 
Were the CFR or UT or ROTP (Previous Service)?

They were CFR.....as i stated.........C........F........R

I thought we were getting away from the, "I don't have experience with this, but a friend of mine did this..." here at army.ca

You can take my comments any which way you want.  I saw them first had and i think i have enough credibility here for that

Quag said:
edit: If they CFR'd they should not be doing BOTP / BOTC / BMOQ ??

Whatever it is thats after IAP...........call it T-H-I-N-G  for all i care.  If you dont have SLC and you take CFR, you have to do BOTC ( or whatever the acronym is)

CDN Aviator said:

You can take my comments any which way you want.  I saw them first had and i think i have enough credibility here for that

Whatever it is thats after IAP...........call it T-H-I-N-G  for all i care.  If you dont have SLC and you take CFR, you have to do BOTC ( or whatever the acronym is)

Ok thats what I was wondering....So it was a Sgt without SLC....

ArtyNewbie said:
It also helps to have access to the CFLRS Candidate SOP, avail on the DNET which explains these things for you such as the wearing of devices and honours . And for you shamrock, I didn't say I knew more than the instructors, I said I had researched the questions I had (they do teach that to nco's you know) and came up with solid answers from the trainig establishment in question.
CFLRS SOP is that no officer candidates nor recruits will wear medals or cap badges, less the cornflake once indoctrination period is complete.  Some divisions, even platoons, will supercede this.  I'd recommend sanitizing your uniform and getting permission from your course staff to return everything to your uniform.  The buttons on your CF's shouldn't be too big a problem as your CF's won't be out for inspections until well into the course once the rest of the course gets their's issued, tailored, then dry cleaned.  Yes, this could mean your CF's will sit in a storage locker for the duration of the course.  You may also be required to sign for older kit regardless of present issue or former entitlement -- your TV and ICE jacket may have to be stored in favour of webbing and OD combat jacket to name a few.  It's a recruit course for brand spanking new recruits.  One course, one standard. 

CDN Aviator said:
BOTP bypass is granted to an individual with ILQ.  I enquired about which plan your friend was on because, clearly, you don't even know which course we're discussing.

Shamrock said:
BOTP bypass is granted to an individual with ILQ.  I enquired about which plan your friend was on because, clearly, you don't even know which course we're discussing.

The individuals to which i refered to did NOT have ILQ therefore were not granted a bypass......

Get it now ?

CDN Aviator said:
The individuals to which i refered to did NOT have ILQ therefore were not granted a bypass for anything beyond IAP

Get it now ?

No.

What does what your friend wore while on BOTP have to do with IAP?

As an aside to ArtieNewbie, does your reference mention pers MOC and not MOC qual attending CFLRS?

no it relates to branch items only, in fact the sop is under review as it did not contain references to those previosly MOC Qual in a different trade or branch wearing the new branch cap badge and insignia upon appointment to OCdt (which is stated in CF Dress Inst). basically the end result (from a phone call my RSM made to req info) is that for those with no prev service they will earn/wear the universal pattern cap badge upon completion of the saluting test, for those prev qual in a different or same trade as per above. As for the wear of honours and awards it has been determined (at the school, again second hand information from Que) that honours will be worn by all who legally earned them. Even the hardest of heads in our organization have come to the conclusion that someone who has been in the CF with no break in service for a considerable period of time has at the very least earned the right to wear thier honours, and a cap badge.

CANADIAN FORCES LEADERSHIP AND RECRUIT SCHOOL STUDENT STANDING ORDERS

IAP, BOTP and SLT Regulations

Branch Cap and Collar Badges.

64. The policy regarding the wearing of branch cap and collar badges is as follow:

65. ROTP candidates shall be issued branch cap badges and where appropriate, collar badges, on commencement of specific occupation training. The CF cap badge shall be worn during Phase- 1 training (IAP, BOTP and SLT).

66. UTPNCM candidates shall continue to wear their current branch or regimental cap badge and applicable collar badges until the date indicated on their Program acceptance message when they will be promoted to the rank of Officer- cadet. Upon promotion, they shall change to their new rank, DEU (if appropriate), and wear the CF cap badge until completion of phase-1 training (IAP, BOTP and SLT).

67. Depending on your military occupation (MOC), Corps badges may be worn as early as Phase- 2 training at the discretion of the MOC training school Commandant. Some MOC do not receive their operational cap badge until successful completion of their final phase of training;

Please note, this does not cover CFR, DEO, or CEOTP.  It is likely individuals for DEO and CEOTP will fall under para 65 or 66, whichever is most applicable to them. 

Back