• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to file a complaint?

Krazy-P

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious how one would file a complaint. I got out of the reg force 12 weeks ago, i was told my return of contributions would be in my account between 8 and 12 weeks. So today being week 12 i called the director of pension services and was told they were just processing my paperwork today, and it would be another 2-3 weeks before i see any money. now this is totay B.S.  Is there any way to file a complaint , maybe get some action taken, i am sure i am not the only person this has happened to, and it is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Not sure if this would work but I would call my local MP and perhaps if you are a member of the Royal canadian Legion talk to them and they may be able to help. They do support their members with numerous problems.....

What do you expect to accomplish from your complaint?   Is this the first time in your military-related life that someone has ever under-estimated a timeline?   Are you expecting to be paid interest on those extra two weeks?   This happened to me when I ended my first tour of obligatory service back in 1988, welcome to the "frustrated club".

I think waiting that long is unacceptable. To accept it as part of the system makes the total system weaker. My recommendation is that you contact the Labour Relations Board in you province and state your case through them.

Good luck.

Perhaps by filing a complaint they will endeavor to improve their service.

Gunner98 said:
What do you expect to accomplish from your complaint?   Is this the first time in your military-related life that someone has ever under-estimated a timeline?   Are you expecting to be paid interest on those extra two weeks?   This happened to me when I ended my first tour of obligatory service back in 1988, welcome to the "frustrated club".

Gunner98, I think your attitude of " suck it up and stop whining - this is what you should expect of the military " ( I am of course paraphrasing you, but that appears to be the tone of your post) is out of line.  Just because it happened to you and you bent over and took it doesn't mean he should.  This is a legitimate complaint and yes I think he should expect interest on those two weeks - it's his money.  Will he get it?  Who knows? but he deserves it!  Depending on how many years of service we are talking, this no small sum.

Krazy-P, Good luck.  I think your MP is a good  route.  You should also talk to the Ombudsman's Office.  Don't let up and if I were you I would be looking for interest.  It's YOUR $.

The payout is made by cheque thru PWGSC who are not known for their sense of ugency and not "the military". If you feel that complaining to your MP who sends a letter to MND, who forwards it on to DAPP & PWGSC is not the most direct route, why not send a letter of complaint direct to DAPP/PWGSC direct.

CFSA webpage states:

CF Pension Services will normally pay these amounts within 10-12 weeks from the date of the CF member's release date. At present, there is no capability for electronic direct transfer to a bank or financial institution for one-time payments. They are paid by cheque only.

What could cause delays in receiving CFSA pension benefits?

CF Pension Services attempts to pay all benefits within the time frames already mentioned but occasionally these benefits cannot be paid if necessary documentaion is missing. Some examples of missing documentation that can cause delays are, option of benefit forms, authorization required from outside agencies and late paperwork that can cause pay account debits.

For all other questions about release and pension: Email: pensionInquiries@forces.gc.ca
Mail: DAPPP/PS
National Defence Headquarters
Constitution Building
305 Rideau Street
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2 

Public Works & Government Services Canada
Specialized Services Division
1451 Coldrey Ave
Ottawa ON K1A 0S5

http://www.pwgsc.gc.ca/forces-pensions/text/contact_us-e.html

Back