• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unsure how to move forward.

flux

Reaction score
Hi there, I fear I have hit a bit of a roadblock, or at least another obstacle to navigate regarding the recruiting process.
I am going to share my story of where I'm at, and I would appreciate any advice, even if vague.

So for some background:

I initially opened my application in August 2023 for Pilot, and Intelligence Officer (ROTP CIV-U)
Between August and December I successfully completed most aspects of the recruiting process (CFAT, Interview, Medical, Aircrew Selections).

Up to this point, everything was going quick, correspondence was regular and I was excited with how things were moving along.
But then it all started to go downhill.

CFRC went on holiday for a month, so I was left In the dark for the remainder of December regarding my application.
This is no problem at all, however, I assumed (and was told at aircrew selections) that I would be sent to Toronto CFEME for my Aircrew Medical upon return from holidays.

I emailed, phoned, and finally got through to them around ~January 20, 2024.
They informed me there was an issue with my medical and they needed more information (I did my medical in October?)

It took a month for me to get all the proper appointments, and then doctors' notes to them.
Luckily, it only took a few days before I got an email back saying my medical stuff was all approved by RMO and my application was moved to the "Final Processing" stage. (February 21 Confirmed RMO)

And I have been stuck here since.

I have been following up every 2 weeks, asking about being booked in for CFEME in Toronto.
Every time I get the same Response:

"Looks like you are all ready to be booked, I will speak to our Bookings Team"

So another 2 weeks go by. Same thing. Rinse and repeat until now.

In fact, last time I spoke to them, the recruiter on the phone said "Oh wow, have you not gone to Toronto yet? I have a note here saying you were supposed to be booked in any date after March 19. Wtf? Ill talk to my supervisor"

(Blah, this message is getting long I'm sorry for rambling, but its the weekend and you must be bored too if you're reading this so ill carry on.)

Anyways, As I understand it, most selections for ROTP have already been made for this year, so I am assuming getting sent to Toronto and getting my Aircrew medical this year is highly unlikely. Which is frustrating since its the only thing between me and the competition list. But That's not really in my control so lets carry on...

See, the problem is, I have just finished my first year of university. So that leaves me with 2 options.

1) Register for second year university
(Ive been told ill no longer be eligible for ROTP if I do this, can anyone confirm?)
And finish my degree on my own dime, then reapply as DEO in 3 years.

2) Not enroll year 2 university, work and wait for possible offer next spring.

3) ...? anything I'm missing? Can anyone see a path forward here other than the two options listed above?
Am I just being dramatic? Do I still have a shot this year? So many questions, I try to ask the recruiters and I've sort of been given the go around.

Please let me know what you think here.

Back