• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to wavie the cost of living in base after get married?

viviwns

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband has newly joined CF a few months ago. He finished his BOTP by the end of Nov 2008. He is now posted to Borden awaiting CAP. I know that as a married CF member entitled to waive the costs for living in base. The admin person said he's not qualify for that because we get married after the day he arrived to Borden. It can only effective when he get his next post. The problem is he's in EME. Most likely he'll be back to Borden after CAP and wait for his Phase 3 and 4 training which will also be in Borden. Is there anything we can do about this? Is that true about the admin person said?

This is very important to us cuz I'm living in Toronto and just can't move to live with him. Thanks!

But we still live seperately in both highest cost of living cities... actually I got the answer from the other post.  Sorry about that. I didn't know what's R&Q before I made this post.

I was in a rush there, when I made that post, and didn't have enough time to point out that we have a couple of topics already on just this question.  I am sure you will find some useful suggestions in them.

Thanks! I think I get the idea of how to deal with it. This site is extremely useful!!!~~ :salute:

Hi there,

My daughter encountered the same thing as you and your husband.  You might want to read the topic here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/80675.0.html
(not sure I did this right)

I don't think there's much that can be done for my daughter, but see if the thread offers any ideas for you.

Good Luck

MamaBear

Thanks Mamabear.  :salute:

That post gives us a lot of information. But in our case, it's nearly hopeless to get R&D anytime soon. We'll just suck it up and wait for all phase trainings done asap.

Back