• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HRC Challenge: Medical discharges thinning ranks & forcing unemployment

Well,

I'm on a PCat...but am still deployable. Can still do my job fully. Perhaps that is the difference then.

The Librarian said:
Well,

I'm on a PCat...but am still deployable. Can still do my job fully. Perhaps that is the difference then.

Considering that it is possible to be on a PCat, but still be within trade specs (ie G2/O2 lowered to a G3/O3 and cleared to deploy), is your example relevant?

schart28 said:
The medical chain of commands even know about it, Med C, CF Med C... No one is taking action.... I don't understand. I even had
a CO tell me that I could go to afghanistan...

If I may ask, and without going into specifics, what type of condition are we talking about?

284_226 said:
Considering that it is possible to be on a PCat, but still be within trade specs (ie G2/O2 lowered to a G3/O3 and cleared to deploy), is your example relevant?

It may certainly be relevant to the post by schart28 preceeding my post. Frequent medical follow up, including MRIs and CTs....lifelong...still deployable. It's relevant, the deployability that is, but we've already discussed that.

The Librarian said:
It may certainly be relevant to the post by schart28 preceeding my post. Frequent medical follow up, including MRIs and CTs....lifelong...still deployable. It's relevant, the deployability that is, but we've already discussed that.

Okay, I didn't make the connection - as he mentioned that he had a serious condition, yet didn't have any PCat whatsoever assigned.  One would safely assume that a "serious" condition would be one that would affect deployability, and would almost certainly result in a change to G3/O3 as a minimum.  That's given that G2/O2 is normal.

Edit - You mentioned "frequent medical followup".  If it's followup by a MO, and more frequent than every 6 months, then the good book says you're supposed to be a G4.  Are you a G4?

According to the medical category, guidelines, I am considered a G6. The MO did give me a G6 but then the military side of the MIR canceled it, removed the CF 2033 from my medical records. I have an operational stress injury for 15 years and more acute in the last year.

Just as a follow up...

As suspected, the HRC case that this thread was based upon will not go forward to tribunal. The response to the investigation arrived yesterday. I wish I could provide more details- but they offered none. 
Simply that the case has been closed.

Battleaxe

Back