• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I got a horse

gore226

Inactive
Reaction score
So my niner domestic bought me a horse...... ;D

She said if I got a horse, she would make me a cam sheet.  For the non horse people, or new( like me ) a sheet is used for trailering or as a summer weight blanket, 3/4 body cover.

So, I figure...great!!  I will have the best damn sheet out there!!!!!  >:D

I need help in the design.  what do we call it..needs a cool military name, and options, pals?  I think we need room for a velcro name tag and a flag. The horse is red in colour.

Looking forward to yur answers....

Chris

A red horse?..... you must mean Rust......

Here ya go, stud.  Fill your boots:

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/petnames3.htm

Here's some sample styles of sheets and blankets: http://horse-vetsupplies-andmore.com/gloverhorseblankets.html

and I believe you mean chestnut in it's colouring.  Here's some basic info on colouring genetics...http://www.equinecolor.com/color.html

The horse ( Dixie Chick), is a Red dun mare.  I didnt name her.......shes 14, cant change her name now... :D

I havent looked at the links suggested yet, but figured if my wife is going to make a sheet it is going to be the coolest....high speed low drag sheet out there..... :D

As the name for it.....Personal Cam sheet...somebody already did it...........

Pookey said:
The horse ( Dixie Chick), is a Red dun mare.  I didnt name her.......shes 14, cant change her name now... :D
I havent looked at the links suggested yet, but figured if my wife is going to make a sheet it is going to be the coolest....high speed low drag sheet out there..... :D
As the name for it.....Personal Cam sheet...somebody already did it...........

Wha?  You started a thread to find names for a blanket? 
youkidding-1.jpg

Heh..............

Sleazy sleepware for your horse!!!!

http://www.horse-vetsupplies-andmore.com/sleazysleepware.html

Must be a page outa the Godfather (Pt1)

I started the thread to get design ideas........pals....pouches, spots for name tags, etc.  I should of been more clear at first??

Chris

???
So - what about the sleazy sleepware? 

geo said:
???
So - what about the sleazy sleepware? 

Ok, those are borderline animal cruelty.

I like the the idea of a Tac Vest. Just by coincidence horse equipment is called "Tac" (every barn has a Tac room). Naturally this tac vest should be designed to hold the horses brushes, hoof pick etc...

career_radio-checker said:
Ok, those are borderline animal cruelty.

I like the the idea of a Tac Vest. Just by coincidence horse equipment is called "Tac" (every barn has a Tac room). Naturally this tac vest should be designed to hold the horses brushes, hoof pick etc...

I think you mean Tack in reference to Equine appliances and Tactical in reference to the vest.

Michael Baker said:
Want a name? How about Athena, for the operation in A-Stan?

Athena, I would vote for that name as well! When I was younger, my brother and I went to the horse farm by where we lived and took lessons for a while. The horse that I used to spend time with was named "Cisco" I think that's a pretty good name also  :)

~Rebecca~

So,

I like the input!!  Blanket, Equine Cover, ICES or common term..TACK vest.    ;D

NIner domestic, is going to groan loudly when I inform her that her tack room is now a TAC...guess I will have to make the appropraite mods to the furnishings.....  ;)

I have also been warned....Lose your horse with the cam blanket on.....and you will be in the barn..... :eek: :)

Chris

Just for the record...From what my niner domestic has told me......All the good to go horses have a sleazy or slinky.  I bought her one for the horse, as an anniversasry present one year.  The horse looked liked foolish.  Niner D was happy, so all is good!!  ;D  Just for the record, my horse, WILL NOT have a sleazy.........dont want to make her look foolish..... :D

Chris

I'm not a fan of the 'sleazys' myself, my horse has worn blankets every winter for years and has never worn one.  However, if you have a problem with the blanket rubbing hair off of the shoulders, then a crazy coloured sleazy is the way to go!

Back