• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need uniforms

Last time I checked, Airsoft was legal to sell in Canada, the only thing was that you needed a lisence to do so. Importing Airsoft guns will rarely work out due to Customs, however accesories are easily brought in.
So if you plan on buying an Airsoft gun, contact your local surplus shops and see if they carry.

Btw. rules change from area to area. Rural areas won't be as strict while built-up areas will (or vice-versa).

I got a PM about this thread today, gave it re-read and feel I should comment on Geo's comment WRT castoff CF uniform. Wherever possible, avoid purchasing any used/surplus CF kit. As stated you will get noticed as well as realize the relatively inferior condition of the fabric. Unless it is in new condition and can't be attributed as exclusively CF attire, you should avoid it like the plague.

To BWatch..

I can't figure out the PM response thing (at least not right now) but yeah, the cast-off uniform thing has happened here in Vancouver area at least 3 times in the last 15 years or so. My old legion band was the biggest loss with probably over 10 g's worth (bonnets, tunics, kilts, brooches and the like) but I know the Seaforth's had a consolidation of some stuff upstairs when I was a cadet and some small band groups went down too.

It really steams me when some jerk says he wants new kit when the money could be better spent elsewhere (like on travel).

I could never emphasize this enough... Gucci kit kills bands.
cheers,

http://crownassets.pwgsc.gc.ca/text/index-e.cfm

Alright here is the link to crown assets. This is where we sell all of our obsolete non-controlled, clothing, equipment and other items.  If you do plan on buying from crown assets make sure that you read all the rules first. 

Happy Shopping---

sheikyerbouti said:
It really steams me when some jerk says he wants new kit when the money could be better spent elsewhere (like on travel).

I could never emphasize this enough... Gucci kit kills bands

Who cares what he spends his money on...it's his money. 

Also, where do you put your rationalization that Gucci kit kills bands?  Gucci kit is purchased by the individual soldier with his own money.  Gucci kit can make life in the field more efficient and comfortable for that soldier.  I don't remember the last time a unit band ever deployed for a field ex or as part of an operational deployment.  Band money comes from either the unit as part of its operating budget (if the band is official, ie. RCA Band, Air Command Band, etc.), or through a unit's Non-Public Funds / Association money.  I've never seen NPF or Association money going towards Gucci kit for the troops.

Like Matt said, money spent on Gucci kit is spent by individual soldiers.

What kills the band, and everything else, is money wasted by the CF developing their own unique POS issue gear that doesn't work, when there is better gear on the market already in production.

Back