• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IED Explosion Claims Life of Sergeant Jason Boyes- March 16/ 2008

Rest in Peace my comrade...
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for another.....I'm sorry about the quote, its not exactly as read.

soildier you will be missed. RIP to you...and to the family, you know many are thinking of you right now.  :cdn: :salute:

DND News Release

Name of Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan released

NR–08.015 - March 17, 2008

OTTAWA – The identity of the Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan is as follows:

* Sergeant Jason Boyes, age 32, 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (2 PPCLI), based out of Shilo, Manitoba.

Sergeant Boyes was killed by an explosive device while participating in a joint Afghan-Canadian foot patrol in the Zangabad region, in the District of Panjwayi, approximately 35 km South-West of Kandahar City.

server.np

We'll miss you Jason. My sincerest condolences to your family. :cdn:

Statement by the MND

Statement
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of canadian soldier in Afghanistan
NR-08.018 - March 17, 2008

OTTAWA - The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, issued the following statement today on the death of a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan:

"I would like to offer my most sincere condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Sergeant Jason Boyes who died tragically yesterday in Afghanistan.

Sergeant Boyes was an extremely brave Canadian who made the ultimate sacrifice while proudly serving his country. This is a tragic loss for the Canadian Forces and all of Canada.

Sergeant Boyes was killed by an explosive device while on a foot patrol in the Zanghabad region, in Panjwayi district. These patrols are part of the many ways that members of the Canadian Forces show their presence, monitor the security situation and interact with the local population. The efforts of Canada's soldiers are making a difference in southern Afghanistan and their sustained presence in the region will allow for reconstruction and development to continue.

-30-

Sergeant Jason Boyes was a member of the 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian light infantry, based in Shilo Manitoba.

I am proud to have served in the CF with all these great men and women.  I only hope one day i'll measure up half as tall.

Rest easy my friend.

:salute:

RIP to the fallen sergeant, and condolences to his family.  :cdn:

Back