• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Impact of civilian criminal charge?

ayates

Inactive
Reaction score
Someone I know in the military has recently been charged in civilian life with assault. What will happen to their military career? Does it result in an instant discharge? Just curious.

Thanks.

Depends on the result of court case and the persons standing within their unit.

Innocent until proven otherwise.

Your "friend" should take a minute to read QR&Os 19.54 - 19.62.  Please note that we (MPs) are routinely notified of these kinds of things by the local police and will generate a report to your CO regarding the issue so it is much better for your "friend" to be proactive and bring their chain of command in ASAP.

Honest, the "friend" is not me :) From what I understand his CO is well aware and some action has already occured. Don't want to give any more details as that might divulge identity and base. I am just interested in what the final outcome might be as his family are friends as well.

Thanks.

I know of several soldiers, including myself, who have been charged with simple assault and have gone to court.

The results were as varied as the number of individuals,

and...

Old Ranger said:
Depends on the result of court case and the persons standing within their unit.

Back