• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Specialties

Molyno

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

After searching the almighty Google and these forums, I cant seem to get much info on Infantry Specialties such as "Para, sniper" etc... Dont know if this is because of a security issue, or just non interest. But if someone could show where this info is, would be appreciated.
Thanks

I think I actually found it... If anyone is interested, I beleive this is the list or courses/specialties.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30899/post-218150.html#msg218150

Enjoy.

And it's called Advanced MOC training, IIRC, not specialities.

The Beaver said:
And it's called Advanced MOC training, IIRC, not specialities.

I think it actually depends there Beaver.

For me Specialties include Heavy Equipment, Advanced Water Supply, Skid Steer/Bobcat, BBE, etc.

I would consider for Infantry (any SME's out there please step in if I'm wrong) Para would be a Specialty and so would Pathfinder.

NFLD Sapper said:
I think it actually depends there Beaver.

For me Specialties include Heavy Equipment, Advanced Water Supply, Skid Steer/Bobcat, BBE, etc.

I would consider for Infantry (any SME's out there please step in if I'm wrong) Para would be a Specialty and so would Pathfinder.
Again, just comming from a Civvy who reads too much, or not enough.

Hmm... infantry specialties

Pioneer (doesn't exist in CF anymore)  task given to the Engineers
Mortarman  (doesn't exist in CF anymore) task given to the Artillery
Anti-tank gunner  (doesn't exist in CF anymore) task given to the Armoured

Some other qualifications which may or may not be considered "specialties" or looked at as being advanced training...

Machine gunner / Small arms instructor

Infantry driver - wheeled (LSVW & MLVW)
Infantry driver - tracked (TLAV)
driver - LAV III 
Crew commander LAV III
Gunner LAV III

Demolitions basic / demolitions basic - grenade
Parachutist / pathfinder
Sniper / advanced sniper
crowd control / urban operations instructor
RECCE patrolling / advanced patrolling

CQCI
TCCC
RWS
Recce

There's a huge list of different qualifications you can get..

Ex-Dragoon said:
Remember lanes....if you don't know for certain, don't interject
Lanes or not, I was still giving him what was correct, for example, as in Urban Combat in the Infantry is an Advance MOC, and not known as a speciality. I was just unsure about things in other trades.

No such thing as an "Advance[d] MOC".

There are common courses (think BMQ); environmental courses (such as AOC); occupational courses (such as Infantryman DP1 & DP2) and specialty courses (such as sniper, para etc).

Certain specialty courses are limited to specific MOSIDs.  But "Advanced MOSID" training would be the common body fo knowledge required by all within the MOSID to perform at various rank levels.

geo said:
Hmm... infantry specialties

Pioneer (doesn't exist in CF anymore)  task given to the Engineers
Mortarman  (doesn't exist in CF anymore) task given to the Artillery
Anti-tank gunner  (doesn't exist in CF anymore) task given to the Armoured

If this is the case and some of these "specialties" and/or "advanced MOC trainings" dont exist anymore, is there a way to get the updated list?

See attached, which is from the Job Fact Sheet for 031. It says Advance MOC Training and specialty training. Either this is all still correct, or there needs to be a new 031 fact sheet made.

Sorry about this little derailment.

Molyno said:
If this is the case and some of these "specialties" and/or "advanced MOC trainings" dont exist anymore, is there a way to get the updated list?

When you start digging... you'll find that the list becomes unmanageably long.
I only provided a small sampling based on current courses being offered - Talk to the recruiting people -

OK folks, let's set aside the semantics argument, which only proves that the CFRG doesn't use the same language that the Army as typically used to describe courses, and see if the original question can be answered.

In particular, can anyone provide an updated version of the courses list here?

If I recall correctly, the original data came from somewhere on a Gagetown server, and was part of a much larger spreadsheet giving course coord data that was current at the time.  (Some version may be accessible to those with CFTPO acounts, which I haven't had in years.)

Back