• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

The goal of the 50mm cannon is to provide a number of additional capabilities that the smaller caliber cannons cannot.

Honestly the 40mm CTA turret that was to go on the Warrior would frankly be my favorite as it’s a lot more versatile and compact than the 50mm. But apparently the Army has test again a threat matrix that only works with one particular setup (shocking I know).

Here's another one for @Kirkhill and his Light Battalions...

Here's another one for @Kirkhill and his Light Battalions...

Gee. I dunohhh. That may be too much of a Swiss Army knife even for me. :)

Semi related; Belgium is re arming and equipping its maneuver forces to the interoperable with their chosen big brother in France. While I’m not a fan of the Griphon (to tall for pepper conflict with to small a gun) the concept is sound and the mortar carrier would be nice.

I’m still of the opinion that Canada would be best served by outfitting Bde’s to work inside US Div’s.
1 Abrams/Bradley Bde for Europe (30/70)
2 LAV Bde for Striker interoperability and PSO’s. (70/30) and (30/70)
1 Light/Abn to XVIII Corps for QRF (100/0)
1 Light/Abn for 11th Abn in Alaska (70/30)

I’m still of the opinion that Canada would be best served by outfitting Bde’s to work inside US Div’s.
But think of how much we'd have to spend in order to translate all those FMs into bilingual format.

Seriously, we were always organized to be interoperable in British formations. When we went through the whole Sixties identity crisis thing we went out of our way to be our own man even when it complicated sustainment to a point where we really have a hard time doing it.

I'm still a firm believer that Canada needs one operational, deployable div HQ if for no other reason than to have a foundation around which our staff training takes place and as a core around which a deployable formation can grow. Concurrently we need to be able to integrate into a US Div as well as the various multinational divisions that are springing up around Europe.

That flexibility will require a very robust and adaptable logistics system which we currently seem to pay only peacetime lip service to. The more we can standardize on equipment the more we'll be able to draw on larger theatre level supply and maintenance resources rather than having to reach back to Canada. My guess is that even if part of a multinational division we would be better off if we could draw on American theatre level resources through standardization with them.

🍻

As noted on the future structure thread

1 Division
2 LAV Brigades
Follow the pattern of US 2 Inf Div

Add in the Abn BCT of the 11th Abn Div
It only has two battalions.

As noted on the future structure thread

1 Division
2 LAV Brigades
Follow the pattern of US 2 Inf Div

Add in the Abn BCT of the 11th Abn Div
It only has two battalions.
You still need a Heavy Metal Bde to show the flag in Europe or other area of heavy fighting.

But think of how much we'd have to spend in order to translate all those FMs into bilingual format.

Seriously, we were always organized to be interoperable in British formations. When we went through the whole Sixties identity crisis thing we went out of our way to be our own man even when it complicated sustainment to a point where we really have a hard time doing it.

I'm still a firm believer that Canada needs one operational, deployable div HQ if for no other reason than to have a foundation around which our staff training takes place and as a core around which a deployable formation can grow. Concurrently we need to be able to integrate into a US Div as well as the various multinational divisions that are springing up around Europe.

That flexibility will require a very robust and adaptable logistics system which we currently seem to pay only peacetime lip service to. The more we can standardize on equipment the more we'll be able to draw on larger theatre level supply and maintenance resources rather than having to reach back to Canada. My guess is that even if part of a multinational division we would be better off if we could draw on American theatre level resources through standardization with them.

🍻
110%

The goal of the 50mm cannon is to provide a number of additional capabilities that the smaller caliber cannons cannot.

Honestly the 40mm CTA turret that was to go on the Warrior would frankly be my favorite as it’s a lot more versatile and compact than the 50mm. But apparently the Army has test again a threat matrix that only works with one particular setup (shocking I know).
Turks offering a 30/90mm armed "Scout Car"

Back