• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is it supposed to be this way?

mcgibson

Inactive
Reaction score
Soo….I did my CFAT on Feb. 13th , then I received an email stating I needed to bring more documents in on the 17th, then I received another email stating that I would be contacted in the next 5 days to get a date for my medical and interview.  I had a month to bring in the documents and I figured they wouldn’t give me an appointment before I gave them the documents.  I went to the recruitment center and turned in everything.  The guy I spoke with told me they wanted me to do the medical as soon as possible and that he would send me an email at the beginning of next week…got nothing.  So waited until the end of the week and called…the guy was like: oh yeah, right, you’ll get a call either today or tomorrow, but it`s good you called, shows that you are interested…no call…so waited again for a couple of days and called back…same thing…oh yeah someone will get in touch with you today before 4…..nothing.  Oh and at one point, they kind of lost my file too.  So what I’m wondering is, is that normal or if not, what is my next step.  Thanks in advance for the advices, I just feel like it’s going in circle at this point. (Sorry for any grammatical error on my part, English is not my first language  :) )

I'm pretty sure that is not normal, maybe you can scedule an appointment or something to settle everything one day. Iv heard that the CFRC does sometimes mess up but in your case, this looks insane.

Try calling/emailing/walking in and talking to them about scheduling an appointment to fix your issue.
Sorry, I'm not much help.

Best of luck, hope everything gets sorted

I would guess that they were just really busy because it was the end of the fiscal year.

They were probably focused on whatever last minute work needed to be done process last year's recruits.

You can probably expect things will be smoother moving forward.

Hello again,
Went back to the recruitment center on Friday.  They really messed up, they finally found my file (I could see them looking for it and running around for about 30 min) but the documents I brought when I was there the last time weren’t in it, so I just emailed everything while I was there to make sure they do get it.  Obviously, the guy I spoke to on the phone before had no clue to what was going on and I would have preferred knowing the truth instead of being told someone would call me back before the end of the day to schedule a date for my medical and interview and the fact that I had to go in person for them to actually look for my file was a bit unnerving.  But now they did give me a date and said they will send me an email to confirm it…hopefully they will confirm it and won’t screw up again.

Cheers

Back