• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this a for sure thing?

RCollins04

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So a week or so ago, I was told that I swear in April 12 and to report to St. Jean on April 23rd. Being the pessimist I sometimes am, and based on past experiences, I am just wondering, how guaranteed is this for me?

I keep worrying that something will change. such as them saying "oops we overbooked jobs, or funding isnt there" etc.

I was told by the recruiter that the offer isn't going anywhere. Anyone with any insight, other than the obvious stop worrying :P

Live your life as if you will be sworn in on April 12th, and get ready to report in to St Jean for April 23rd....

Courses aren't written on bar napkins they are planned well in advance... If you have been told those as solid dates, then there is very little chance that will change.

All that being said, Stay Gumby. the CF does have to change things, but I doubt that your BMQ will be one of them.

Tommy said:
Live your life as if you will be sworn in on April 12th, and get ready to report in to St Jean for April 23rd....

Courses aren't written on bar napkins they are planned well in advance... If you have been told those as solid dates, then there is very little chance that will change.

All that being said, Stay Gumby. the CF does have to change things, but I doubt that your BMQ will be one of them.

RCollins04 said:
Hey everyone. So a week or so ago, I was told that I swear in April 12 and to report to St. Jean on April 23rd. Being the pessimist I sometimes am, and based on past experiences, I am just wondering, how guaranteed is this for me?

I keep worrying that something will change. such as them saying "oops we overbooked jobs, or funding isnt there" etc.

I was told by the recruiter that the offer isn't going anywhere. Anyone with any insight, other than the obvious stop worrying :P

Recruiting is one of the few CF organizations that endeavor not to change things at the last minute unless there's a really good reason. Basically, the CF has given you a verbal job offer for swearing in on 12 April when you'll sign the formal documents. They wouldn't offer you the position if they didn't have the funding or spot available, the offers come from Ottawa, not the individual centres.

Back