• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this the normal process?

Dwillis95

Inactive
Reaction score
My application process has been a little and stranger than most others. Before it is mentioned, I have read the "READ THIS" post. I am not asking particular questions to my file, I just want to know if this common or not.

I did the CFAT in Feb/14 and passed for the trades I had applied for. Unfortunately at this point my application had halted because I was homeschooled and was unable to show proof of a high school education. Upon graduation from post-secondary, I resubmit my application and hand in the reference paperwork. Its been almost 2 months since I submitted the reference forms. I recently contacted the local recruitment centre for an update and what I understood from the phone call is that I have been merit listed despite not having completed a medical or the interview. Does this sound like common procedure or am I missing something?

Thanks for any and all help.

I think you either misunderstood or they didn't explain things properly to you.

During the application process for Regular Force, your file/application will have a "status" assigned to it at all times.  After applying online, you would be shown as "Ready for Testing".  Upon completion of the CFAT/TSD, your scores will be entered into the system and your file given a complete check for accuracy and or missing documents.  Once that part is completed, your status will change to "Ready Step 2 Processing".  At this stage, all applications are reviewed on a regular basis and if one or more of your chosen occupations is available and they require additional files/applications to be processed for those occupations, then and only then will your application be approved for continued processing (ie; Medical and Interview).

The term "Merit Listed" is more commonly used at the final stage of your processing and is an indicator that you are now ready to be selected for a possible offer of employment.  So if you haven't yet been contacted or notified that your application has been approved for continued processing, then your status is probably "Ready Step 2".

Back