• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this the way to Armadillo?

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find it odd that no one is wearing women's clothes in this piece....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX47s1CAElE

daftandbarmy said:
I find it odd that no one is wearing women's clothes in this piece....

Okay, why do you find it odd that no-one is wearing women's clothing?  Is this some bizarre expectation of yours, or is it merely an odd fascination with crossdressing in a war zone?

:rofl:
I can see it now, the Brits unpacking in Iraq... "Rifle? check. Hat? check. Combats? check. Long flowing summer dress?...Damn, forget it again!"

And over-dressed to be Marines.

I was always impressed by the ability of both the Para Reg & Royal Marines to outfit at least a complete section of performers, at short notice, with fishnets, push up bras and size 12 stilletoes; regardless of the setting.  True story: a pal of mine was wounded in the battle for Two Sisters in the Falklands War. He was being treated at the field hospital in Ajax Bay and they brought in another marine who had been wounded in the legs. He watched the docs cut away his combat trousers to reveal a full set of fishnet stockings. My pal asks him the obvious question. The marine replies something to the effect that "I wanted to be the only one to go into the assuault wearing fishnets". History does not record whether or not he was the only one...

That's awesome (ad the fishnet story is even better), but wrt to the title of the thread I'm pretty sure it should be Amarillo (Rotor City, USA/ The Yellow Rose of Texas), vice armadillo, the small hardshell mammal, that nonetheless can be found on the way to Amarillo.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

I_am_John_Galt said:
That's awesome (ad the fishnet story is even better), but wrt to the title of the thread I'm pretty sure it should be Amarillo (Rotor City, USA/ The Yellow Rose of Texas), vice armadillo, the small hardshell mammal, that nonetheless can be found on the way to Amarillo.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

The video is entitled "Is this the way to Armadillo."

Perhaps there's a subtle reference there.

Shamrock said:
The video is entitled "Is this the way to Armadillo."

Perhaps there's a subtle reference there.

And so it is ... things are getting interestinger and interestinger ...

Back