• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

B

Bandit1

Hey there guys and gals, thought I'd post this here.

Discovery Channel to launch JETSTREAM on January 8

Discovery Channel ( Canada ) will premiere their latest series JETSTREAM on January 8, 2008 at 10pm ET/PT.

JETSTREAM chronicles the trials and triumphs of fighter-pilots-in-training at 4 Wing Cold Lake, Alberta .

Production crews from Paperny Films were on hand at 4 Wing Cold Lake for nine months documenting every success, challenge and failure faced by student pilots Captains Riel Erickson, Mike Lewis, Shamus Allen, Mike Dunning, Tim Coffin, Dave McLeod, Yanick Jobin and Tristan McKee. The science-based series takes us behind the scenes to see exactly how much effort goes into producing CF-18 pilots.

The series will be featured over the course of eight weeks. 8 X 1 hour episodes will be broken down as follows:
Episode 1: The Rookies
Episode 2: Members Only
Episode 3: Blood on the Page
Episode 4: Darkness Falls
Episode 5: Fight's on
Episode 6: Dream Killer
Episode 7: Do or Die
Episode 8: Bombs Away

For more details and to explore the official JETSTREAM site (and try their flight simulator game), log on to: http://www.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/

We'll be making each episode of JETSTREAM available in its entirety on our website roughly a week after it airs on TV. So if you missed the premiere or want to show it to all your friends, send them to our website -- http://jetstreamonline.ca -- on January 15th.

In the meantime, if you want to watch bonus footage from this episode, go to the 410 Lounge on our site:

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/#/lounge/1/

And if you want to learn more about the science and technology covered in this episode -- including g-force, the human centrifuge, the ejection seat, and the F-18's aerodynamics -- check out the Equipment Room:

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/#/equipment/

Ya, but from what I remember the thread was locked?  Anyways, just wanted to give everyone the extra info as far as being able to watch the show a week after on the website...

Cheers, Bandit

I saw it yesterday. It is a great show. That thing that spins(can't remember the name) at 7 G's is crazy!

I caught last night's show and I also caught last week's Truth Duty Valour from 8 wing. These programs are the CF's best recruiting tools in my opinion. I know they just touch the surface of what might be involved or demanded through the occupation, but it was nice to get a first hand glimpse of two possible Pilot roles without sugar coating them.

Anyway, this may sound weird, but I chuckled when the IP said "Why is there so much F'N rudder?... GET OFF!" He reminded me a lot of my civie instructor...

Did you army types liked hands in the pockets, chewing gum and the comment about different types of warriors ;)

Max

I thought it was pretty good, despite what I feel about fighter pukes ;D

Brought back memories of: "Dammit, was it practical or possible??  50:50 shot......"

SF2 said:
Brought back memories of: "Dammit, was it practical or possible??  50:50 shot......"

Or the "SHALL" or "SHOULD"

;D

I caught the episode last night and loved it.

What a great recruiting method!

Caught the tail end last night, watched the repeat today. Thought it was great :)

SF2 said:

It's actually "practicable" as in "Land as soon as practicable" vice "Land as soon as possible".

practi·ca·bly adv.
Usage Note: It is easy to confuse practicable and practical because they look so much alike and overlap in meaning. Practicable means "feasible" as well as "usable," and it cannot be applied to persons.

It was a great show!! ;D Next one is at the same time same place? :p

SF2 said:
I thought it was pretty good, despite what I feel about fighter pukes ;D

I liked the part at the start where they had to clean furniture, a bonding experience.
Brought back memories of CFANS, our instructor had our course help him move. Washer and dryer up from the basement, ...oh ya  :D
He did provide free beer.  :)

Baden  Guy said:
I liked the part at the start where they had to clean furniture, a bonding experience...

That's the part that made me shake my head.  Where are they?  Moose Jaw.  Come on.

As for the next episode, I think the next one is on Sunday.  Best to check your listings.  If it's anything like TDV, it will move around to different time slots every week. ::) ;D

Thought it was a great show though.  Nice to see some familiar faces and I thought it was really well produced, really trying to make a point of explaining some of the more difficult points.  As for the 900 page AOI, with all the annexes and extras, I'm sure that's at least the size of the Griffon one, and any other operational aircraft in the CF.  ;D  How big is the C-17 AOI?  Anyone?

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/#/squadron/2/

January 15  at 2200 hrs ET/PT

SupersonicMax said:
Zoomie:  Just checked my checklist and it says Practical.  ???

I guess it all depends on what SET organization has gotten their fingers into the emergency checklists - the Harvard 2 and the Slingsby checklist used to state "practicable"  which I thought was a made up word.

One of the hornet red pages has "practicable" and "practical" on two adjacent lines  :)

Back