• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

Good2Golf said:
...hence why aviators will be moving to the 2-pc CADPAT flying suit in the near future. 

When's the timeframe for the new duds? 

Dimsum said:
When's the timeframe for the new duds? 

Nothing formal, but looks like fall '08 to start.

Good2Golf said:
Nothing formal, but looks like fall '08 to start.

Do you know if it will be replacing the 1 piece, aswell?

Anyone care to take bets on when we go back to CADPAT slip-ons?  ::)

Dimsum said:
Anyone care to take bets on when we go back to CADPAT slip-ons?  ::)

Don't expect it.  CAG is now the standard for operational Air Force gear.

SupersonicMax said:
Did we have CADTAP slip ons on flying suits?

They started apearing on flightsuits when the old OD green ones were discontinued.

Red is the main colour of 410. Their hockey jersey's are the same as the Flames.

The blue tshirts were issued to us when the CADPAD was issued, you were issued 3 blue shirts, that is the only colour you are allowed to wear in uniform.

For the most part it was totally up to the individual what he wanted to wear on the flightline, as long as it wasn't derogetory or sexist. And most times you would purchase a tshirt from the Squadron Kit Shop.

As for the show, I thought it was sorta kinda cheesy. A full recruiting video if you ask me.

Guys from the RCD in the late 80's might have recognized the guy giving the instruction on the ejection seat, him and I were in Germany in the mid 80's. I do not want to mention his name here, but if you PM me I can tell you who it is.

Another cool show yesterday!! Too bad about the guy that called it quits...What happens to him, does he leave the military, or does he gets qualified on another aircraft? :skull:

Yesterday's episode was excellent.  I am enjoying the series and my wife is even watching  . .  and she hates airplane shows.

Wonder if they will ever show a CRUD game in the mess . . .  now that will scare a few folks

volition said:
Another cool show yesterday!! Too bad about the guy that called it quits...What happens to him, does he leave the military, or does he gets qualified on another aircraft? :skull:

He's in Portage now on the multi course.

CADPAT flight suit eh? :D

So... anyone up for CADPAT flight bags? Helmet bags and other things CADPAT related? Neat little stow bags, JEPPESEN bags? Come on folks, sky's the limit ;D literally.

MedTech said:
CADPAT flight suit eh? :D

So... anyone up for CADPAT flight bags? Helmet bags and other things CADPAT related? Neat little stow bags, JEPSEN bags? Come on folks, sky's the limit ;D literally.

Actually the new helmet bags are OTS US old school woodland camo ... what's a JEPSEN bag?

Aden_Gatling said:
Actually the new helmet bags are OTS US old school woodland camo ... what's a JEPSEN bag?

JEPPESEN... um the charts mate? Don't we use charts in the CF?

Had to whip one out more then once when I flew with a friend in a weee tiny little cessna :D

As in flight bags made by Jeppesen (or ASA, or whoever) ... sorry, little slow on the uptake this morning.  Someone might correct me on this, but with the possible exception of some part of the TacHel community, I don't think there's a lot of enthusiasm for CADPAT everything in the Air Force.

We don't use Jep products in Canada - we produce our own FLIPs and maps.

Back