• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got my call!

MikeM said:
Yeah, I put the CADPAT Helmet cover on too.. not a big deal.

Does anyone know how many duffel bags we're supposed to take? I know the joining instructions say 1 bag... but im just wondering are we allowed more than 1 if we have more kit?

Im bringing my ruck, packed with everything, and then one duffel bag for my extra military kit, and a small duffel bag with some civies in it.

man we better be able 2 duffels, i got 2 full duffels, ruck sac half put together a book bag with other stuff.

I'm still packing, right now I'm aiming for a ruck full of the military equipment such as overboots, canteens, webbing pieces, etc. And I'm working on getting my uniform + Civilian clothes plus any other kit inside one duffel bag.

I noticed that Wash basin isn't on the list, anyone packing that?

The wash basin is a piece of garbage but im packing it. 2 duffle bags of kit, sleeping bags and small carry-on type bag for personal stuff.

Baskin said:
my ruck isn't even put togeather yet  :-[

Don't worry about that, they'll show you how to put it together on course.  Maybe if I'm around ill show you ;).

I think im just brining everything on the kit list, except the outer sleeping bag.  Right now I got my rain pants, jacket and extras liek camo, foot powder, ligher, matches, bug spray shoved into my butt pack.  In my ruck (main compartment) I got my second set of boots, 2 green tee's, one set of combats (jacket and pants) gloves, set of socks, thermal undershirt, combat jacket (just outer).  In my side pouchs ive got 2 boxers, one set of socks (when i say set i mean inner sock and outer) thermas (why i dont know) and hat and scarf in the last pouch.  In the top I have my shaving kit, and other random stuff like more bug repellent, another lighter, Q-tips, baby wipes and crap like that.  I'm not planning on keeping it that way I just wanted to get a bunch of stuff in there.  And I got my valise stuffed with my ground sheet, bug net, bungee chords, and my bivy bag with my inner sleeping bag shoved into the bivy bag and my liner shoved into my sleeping bag.  That and my air matress are currently attached to my ruck, oh and my helmet too.

I can't believe we gotta bring those over boot things to. >:(  Ah well.

The overboots are for the gas chamber I believe.

I'm heading to moss park @ 6 and I'm just about done packing my kit. I'm leaving the outer sleeping bag at home too.

Did you get issued camo, foot powder and all of that stuff? They never gave us any at Denison.. or did you just buy surplus?

is it suppost to be packed all organized like that, mines just all in the duffels. The course doesn't start till the monday, what do we do till then?

Are you guys doing the reserve or regular force bmq in the summer??

Back