• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kevin Vickers: Action hero

You can take the man out of the guardian role ...

I like that they're identifying Michael Zehaf-Bibeau for what he was, an Islamic Terrorist.  Unlike the scores of fuckwits here in Canada who seem to believe there is no such beast.

Given the location of his tackle, I must commend the irony of his being an Irish-descendant who was Miramichi, New Brunswick, born and raised.

Best people ever.  ;D 

:cheers:

An interesting angle, from a group supporting a couple of chaps in jail for killing a Northern Ireland cop ...
Campaigners for Justice for the Craigavon Two are to protest tonight outside the Canadian embassy in Dublin after a supporter was physically tackled at a event for British soldiers killed in the 1916 rebellion.

Last Thursday the Canadian Ambassador to Ireland Kevin Vickers intervened when Brian Murphy decided to stage a one man protest at the event at the Grangegorman Military Cemetery.

Brian Murphy is a member of the Irish Republican Prisoners Welfare Association was wearing a T-shirt in support of the Craigavon Two, Brendan McConville and John Paul Wootton were convicted of the murder of PSNI officer Stephen Carroll.

Constable Carroll was was (sic.) dead in Craigavon in 2009 as he responded to a 999 call.

A statement from the campaign group Justice for the Craigavon Two stated: “Last Thursday the Canadian Ambassador to Ireland Kevin Vickers wrongly interrupted our protest highlighting the case of the Craigavon 2 who have spent seven years in prison. We will now highlight their case at the Canadian embassy in Dublin ( 7 Wilton Terrace Dublin 2) on Monday 30th May at 7pm.” ...

Meanwhile the Irish take on it.. [:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin P said:
Meanwhile the Irish take on it.. [:D

Shock as two people do something
Good one!!!!!!!

I'm intrigued by this from an unnamed (Irish gov't?) source:
... "Vickers has form in this department," said one senior source, "Everyone knows he took decisive action in the Canadian House of Commons in 2014. So the question now has to be how was this man even allowed into the country in the first place. Secondly, why was it not explained to him that this is not how we do things here? The gardai would have got to the protester eventually. There was no need to act so quickly." ...
Interesting tea leaves to read re: the world view of whoever group (bureaucrat? diplomat? politician? political staffer?) this mystery person belongs to.

Last edited:
milnews.ca said:
Good one!!!!!!!

I'm intrigued by this from an unnamed (Irish gov't?) source:Interesting tea leaves to read re:  the world view of whoever group (bureaucrat?  diplomat?  politician?  political staffer?) this mystery person belongs to.
When my wife and I visited Ireland, we were struck by a widely expressed attitude that the Spanish word mañana indicated a sense of hectic urgency missing from the Irish national character.

Old Sweat said:
When my wife and I visited Ireland, we were struck by a widely expressed attitude that the Spanish word mañana indicated a sense of hectic urgency missing from the Irish national character.

Unless it involves the Church, drinking or fighting, of course :)

Old Sweat said:
That IS interesting - and elegantly put.

In Italy, if someone sleeps in, they still say (loosely translated), "I pulled a Spaniard."

daftandbarmy said:
Unless it involves the Church, drinking or fighting, of course :)

The Irish action word:  English!

Chris Pook said:
The Irish action word:  English!

And if there happen to be no English within striking distance, it's OK to have a go at your mates. Nothing personal, of course...

daftandbarmy said:
And if there happen to be no English within striking distance, it's OK to have a go at your mates. Nothing personal, of course...

Just keeping the hand in.

Bumped with a bit of the latest from the legal sausage machine ...
A PROTESTER WHO was wrestled by the Canadian Ambassador at a 1916 commemoration ceremony in Dublin has been given a chance to avoid a criminal record.

Brian Murphy publicly apologised today in his bid to have his recorded conviction for a public order offence overturned. Judge James O’Donohue said he would be given the Probation Act if he donated €900 to charity and apologised to the garda who arrested him. Judge O’Donohue also suggested he write a letter of apology to Canadian ambassador Kevin Vickers.

Youth club manager Murphy, 48, of Newcastle Manor, Newcastle, Dublin, interrupted a televised 1916 commemoration service for members of the British army, held at Grangegorman military cemetery on 26 May last year ...

Back