• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Issue

S

Se7eN

Hi,
Well I got my in itial kit issue today and I have a bit of a problem. I got home and tired to fit my beret, and I found out that I could swim in it. When I went to the clothing stores they said it was fine. What should I do, I no longer have the contact number of the clothing stores.

thanks,
JH

if it dont fit then find a buddy the same size as you and aquire a new baret!

So that‘s where my beret went! hahaha

Just go back down to stores during working hours and exchange it.

Before you do that, you might want to try soaking the beret in the sink for a few minutes, wringing it out, and letting it air dry & shape on your head.

if the size is off only a little, the leather band may shrink enough to fit your head ok.

Remember, the tie is tucked up under the leather band anyway, so that brings it down in size slightly too. Cinch it up a bit, although you can‘t change the size dramatically with the tie, it could help.

My beret was also slightly too large, and now it fits fine (I think! Haven‘t been on parade yet!)....

Yes, soaking it in hot water for awhile and then slapping it on you brain to form around your crainium and dry works very well. I recommend ripping (well, cutting) the liner out as well, helps form the beret better.

Well I tried it.... and its not all that bad. The leather band fits fine but it took a good 15min of shping to get it looking decent.

thanks for the heads up

JH

From what I have heard I wouldn‘t recommend cutting out the liner until after your basic. I heard from some people if they catch you with it cut they make you buy a new one.

Andrew :cdn:

Back