• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

knowing course dates beyond BMQ?

shilohshy said:
I am currently in Edmonton so will be leaving my vehicle out here.

I recommend bringing it to St. Jean. You can do Edmonton to Montreal in less than 3 days no problem. You will have no idea how much you will want your car on the weekends in St. Jean, and then again in Borden, and blah blah blah.

I was stupid enough to ignore this advice before I left for BMOQ last summer. I'll be driving to Gagetown this summer for sure.

ballz said:
I recommend bringing it to St. Jean. You can do Edmonton to Montreal in less than 3 days no problem. You will have no idea how much you will want your car on the weekends in St. Jean, and then again in Borden, and blah blah blah.
And if he's not authorized to do so? 

See this thread.

WTShields said:
Fly out of Edmonton on March 06 aswell, SIG OP.

I was talking about going to visit family in Ottawa area  then go to St.jean on my own.
When I asked my recruiter about it, she said that I must be here to fly out. She specifically mentioned not being able to drive there. I am not sure if it was just for the compensation aspect but it was definatly frowned upon.

ballz said:

I was stupid enough to ignore this advice before I left for BMOQ last summer. I'll be driving to Gagetown this summer for sure.

Now this is a prime example of someone blowing wind well outside of their lanes.........So far outside of their arcs that they are a danger to others.

PMedMoe said:
And if he's not authorized to do so?

Well then I guess it would/will be an easy decision not to then.

George Wallace said:
Now this is a prime example of someone blowing wind well outside of their lanes.........So far outside of their arcs that they are a danger to others.

WOW ::) PM inbound to keep this potential can of worms contained.

lets see its about a 6 hr drive ... + fuel

nah ill go with the comfy train

PMedMoe said:
Just a reminder, when they say you'll have 2-3 weeks off after BMQ, that doesn't mean you won't be expected to show up some where.  You'll either be on PAT platoon or some other course (Basic Driver Training perhaps?).  Once you are in the military, you have to take annual leave to get time off (besides statutory holidays, weekends, etc).  They're not just going to say, "Okay, see you in Kingston in a couple of weeks."

Are weekends considered days on leave...

tsokman said:

You don't use annual leave for weekends. You may have to submit a leave pass if you are going to leave the local area though. 

*correction to weekends don't use annual, if you are in a unit that has shifts 24/7 you may need to use annual for weekends as they would be part of the work week. But I've never been in a unit like that so I'm not sure.

tsokman said:
Even on BMQ and SQ...Are weekends not training days...

Do you enjoy annoying everyone? Have you not been told time and time again not to sweat the small things and to stop posting and start reading.

For the last time, YES some weekends would be training days on course and even the weekends with no scheduled training you may be confined to barracks/base. But you will also have weekends where you are not training for CB'd.

tsokman said:
What did I post?
Once you are in the military, you have to take annual leave to get time off (besides statutory holidays, weekends, etc).
You don't retain info very well, do you?

tsokman said:
Sorry Im really anal and obsessive...

You lack memory, you lack reading comprehension, you constantly fail to follow advice/directions, you seem to lack the "social skills" and are constantly annoying people with your repeated questions that have been asked/answered as well as questions to things that have not even happened yet.

STOP POSTING, START SEARCHING THE FORUMS and actually reading. And for the last time.. stop worrying over every little detail.  By the way you come off, the CF may not be the best career choice for you.

Sort yourself out.

I dont have much experience with forums this is the first forum Ive participated in..Ill take some time off...

tsokman said:
I dont have much experience with forums this is the first forum Ive participated in..Ill take some time off...

Best I've seen you write so far. Perhaps a Mod can help you with some time off if you change your mind, which seems to flit about incessantly.

yes the enrollment process has made me quite anxious..:)...maybe next time I post Ill be at BMQ.....cheers...

tsokman said:
Sorry Im really anal and obsessive...

......................and banned. Enough is enough.

Time you were pushed from the nest and to feed yourself. We're done regurgitating every little question your smart alek, lazy ass wants to ask.

Milnet.ca Staff

Back