• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Krispy Kreme or Tim Hortons?

Oh we don't have those at the Zeller's here darn. There are really good doughnuts at Harmony Doughnuts at Harmony Doughnuts on Lonsdale Avenue just near 29th Street across from the 7-11. They also have a great collection of nick nacks, Hot Wheels, Superman, Coke Cola and all other kinds of weird and wonderful stuff like Dr Who. They also do sandwichs. My favorite doughnut is plain with chocolate frsting and peanuts.

canadian4ever said:
They still have BOWLING ALLEY'S???????? They are all gone from here in Victoria except I think one in Sydney which is too far if taking a bus.

last time I was home they did.  Course, that was the only one I know of - the one in New Waterford is closed now I think (?)

canadian4ever said:
I don't think I have ever seen stay in people at the local Starbucks get a mug. Why don't they promote it?? The Tim's does here and the Tim's is much faster even with a much broader menu.

Why promote that fact?  Seriously...

"Hey D_H want to go to _____ they serve their coffee in MUGS!"    Does it really matter?

Speaking of servers, the Ottawa Citizen had a pretty good article Sunday by Earl MacRae, I don't have time to search and post it but it goes along the lines of.
young server who is fast at keying in the orders, getting the coffee, doing a long pour and always getting things right.  A good sign that pride in ones work is not a lost cause.

As to Tim's there is better coffee out there and I do a bit of Starbucks ( over priced ) exspresso, Pressed coffee rocks, but for convenience and that addictive creamer Tim's cant be beat.  I wish they would back pedal on some things though such as Doughnuts/baking should be done on premise or at least in the same town.  The one in Pet ( off base ) use to have real cheddar cheese slices when I asked for a Bagel with cheddar cheese.  (3 slices of brick cheddar per bagel ) but since they revamped it was removed.  Also this same Tim's is getting annoying in the drive through. You ask for a bagel or sandwitch and you get " one moment while I check for your bagel" then it takes minuets before they get back to you and traffic now piles up. you pull up to the window ( all other cars in front of you went through ) and they have it ready. How hard is it to have a ready tray that you can glance at. and since it is ready by the time I pulled up they must of toasted it immediately. And yet that extra time waiting keeps me at the speakerbox slowing traffic down.

Still Always got time for TH

KRISPY CREME! Never cared much for TH I guess.

TH coffee is garbage. And I am a stickler for good brew. Their doughnuts, are ok.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Why promote that fact?  Seriously...

"Hey D_H want to go to _____ they serve their coffee in MUGS!"    Does it really matter?
I guess because they try to make them selfs out to be more ENVIROMENTAL then Tim's but aren't really.

canadian4ever said:
I guess because they try to make them selfs out to be more ENVIROMENTAL then Tim's but aren't really.

I dont blame the bussiness for the garbage and cups tossed on the ground ( they do a fair job of cleaning up the lot ) But to me it is the LAZY A$$ed People who toss the stuff. 

I agree at the lazy people who toss litter. I just think Starbucks acts all snobby and better then other places. Also why they open som any locations so darn close to each other. At home I use fair trade coffee roasted here in town but I prefer Tim's when I'm looking for the all round thing. I wish they would open more of the bigger ones with cakes and other pastries. Those are very cool.

canadian4ever said:
I just think Starbucks acts all snobby and better then other places. Also why they open som any locations so darn close to each other.

Are you wondering why they open Starbucks locations close to each other?  Because they can.

Tim Horton's has locations that are close to each other.  Drive over to Dartmouth right across the bridge, there was a Drive-thru, immediately across the street there was a full sized TH, and finally at the Esso station there was a little TH in there too, all within a 2 minute walk of each other. (things could have changed now though)

I don't see the Starbucks acting all snobby, the store just sits there on the corner, it never bothers anyone

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Are you wondering why they open Starbucks locations close to each other?  Because they can.

Tim Horton's has locations that are close to each other.  Drive over to Dartmouth right across the bridge, there was a Drive-thru, immediately across the street there was a full sized TH, and finally at the Esso station there was a little TH in there too, all within a 2 minute walk of each other. (things could have changed now though)

I don't see the Starbucks acting all snobby, the store just sits there on the corner, it never bothers anyone

My own perspective, Starbucks itself is not too snobby ( although grandi venti and the like could be termed something else in English.) but there is a sweater, beret type that tends to frequent it. sort of reminds me about the McD's commercial I recently saw where two guys dressed preppy in a coffee house reading poetry start discussing the New Coffee at Mc D's and how they could now talk sports, dress  normal ect.

Hot Lips said:
...but I think Krispy Kreme donuts are to die for...
dear god there has to be an illegal substance in them or something to be that good...
of course they are best had right out of the oven at Krispy Kreme's...so I 've been told  ::)
sugar and good old lard
once they cool down, the lard component hardens -> not as good

For coffee I prefer an all Canadian institution: The Second Cup (Tims was bought by Wendy's then spun out - many Canadian investors but not a majority I believe)

Tim's has lots of locations here but none within walking distance. I am just hopping one day they open one arround here as there are lots of good spots. Yes the venti lol. I saw an article on how the size of drinks at fast food places as changed so much. Now the kids size is the old small. That MacDonald's ad was cute with the preppy guys talking. Second Cup doesn't have enough locations.

I was accused two days ago by a TH staff member of stealing two bagels a week prior.  This is a Timmies I go to regularly to get my coffee before work.  I told her she was mistaken and she insisted I had - apparently they checked a tape.  I asked for the Regional Manager's number and she wouldn't provide it or the customer service phone number.  She legitimately said "no" when I asked.  I was finally given the store managers number, but had decided by then to take it up corporately.

I have never been more disgusted with timmies in my life. 

The next day I called the corporate office.  They're "investigating" right now.  That night I went to Starbucks and bought some beans and a french press.

Kyle Burrows said:
I was accused two days ago by a TH staff member of stealing two bagels a week prior.  This is a Timmies I go to regularly to get my coffee before work.  I told her she was mistaken and she insisted I had - apparently they checked a tape.  I asked for the Regional Manager's number and she wouldn't provide it or the customer service phone number.  She legitimately said "no" when I asked.  I was finally given the store managers number, but had decided by then to take it up corporately.

I have never been more disgusted with timmies in my life. 

The next day I called the corporate office.  They're "investigating" right now.  That night I went to Starbucks and bought some beans and a french press.
Why not go one better and buy good FAIR TRADE ORGANIC coffee at the supermarket? Maybe there is some roasted in your city like alot of places have. Here in Victoria San Miquel is a good one that is for sale at Thrifty Foods, Fairway etc. No middle man so the growers get more money.

Yeah, Timmies are huge tightwad's, and have been in the news all the time lately getting on customers/employees asses for this and that. Unless it was a manager or supervisor I wouldn't really care, as some of the employees there are as dumb as a brick (and not much better looking). I'd go up to the chain till I got an anwser,... and use another timmies or company, or at the very least stick to their drivethrough

Apparently I drove through and they gave me two bagels that I didn't pay for because they weren't doing their jobs properly.  Of course, I didn't see hole nor dough of a bagel - I'm just the one she accused.  She also told a co-worker of mine that I was a thief and he laughed in her face.  However, spreading false information of that sort isn't particularly legal.

The manager called me the other day to inform me they were going to check the tapes and get back to me.  If they try to brush me off without a formal apology I'm going to be very displeased, especially considering they've been telling other people apparently.

Proud_Newfoundlander said:
Yeah, Timmies are huge tightwad's, and have been in the news all the time lately getting on customers/employees asses for this and that. Unless it was a manager or supervisor I wouldn't really care, as some of the employees there are as dumb as a brick (and not much better looking). I'd go up to the chain till I got an anwser,... and use another timmies or company, or at the very least stick to their drivethrough
So company's are only supposed to hire attractive people???? That is the pretty dumb move as some attracitve people I work with as as dumb as a plank of wood.

Back