• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Land Staff HQ changed dress of the day from DEUs to CADPAT to be more op focused

Does your uniform impact your operational focus? (pls check & comment)

• In DEUs I'm more op focused

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • In DEUs I'm more op focused

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uniform has an impact other than on my op focus

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Uniform has no impact at all

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
North Star said:
As for CEFCOM being in nice buildings, I disagree. I know part of CEFCOM is housed in weather-havens/warehouses and it's causing some concern. CANSOFCOM, however, has some snazzy office-space.

CEFCOM HQ is co-located with CANSOFCOM, one floor up.

Hey, if I thought I could get as much mileage out of a single tour in the Balkans as you, I would have done it long ago... ;)

Michael Dorosh said:
Hey, if I thought I could get as much mileage out of a single tour in the Balkans as you, I would have done it long ago... ;)

Hope I can look back and say the same 17 years from now.

Michael Dorosh said:
Military dress has always reflected civilian dress. As more and more civvie companies move to "business casual" (a positive move IMO), it makes sense for the Army to adopt comfortable clothing for the office. Just as corporate dress involves a jacket and tie for meetings and public relations, so too can the staff officers use their DEU for same. Not really a big deal.

Business casual, though, might be a golf shirt and casual trousers -- not too far from DEU 3B.  Wearing mechanic's coveralls, or similar working clothes, in an office is well beyond business casual, and combats are working clothes.

I am surprised that the wearing of headdress hasn't been scrapped yet. John F. Kennedy brought about the demise of the hat in the civilian world

Urban legend, I'm afraid.

Really? All the CEFCOM people I know are located out at Startop....well, not the good Startop but outlying buildings. But then again, my friends are from "lowly places".

Neill McKay said:
Business casual, though, might be a golf shirt and casual trousers -- not too far from DEU 3B.  Wearing mechanic's coveralls, or similar working clothes, in an office is well beyond business casual, and combats are working clothes.
Good points, but I find my business casual - khaki pants or even dark coloured jeans (not denim) - more comfortable than wool dress pants, which is what the CF trousers are.

Really, though, if we 'have' to find an equivalency in the civvie world, combats are more like medical scrubs than mechanics clothes - no one quibbles about a doctor wearing his OR clothes to the office once in awhile.

Back