• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leaving Primary Reserve and my options

2007brennanm

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, everybody. Heres my story - i have been in the Primary Reserve for about 2 years. I got a new civilian job in a new city and elected to leave the military due to time restraints of new job. I am currently in the process of leaving, i have signed my first papers and already returned my kit. Just waiting to sign my final papers and I'm out. Heres the problem, i am sitting here everyday regretting it hugely and now I'm afraid its too late. Is there anything i can do or am i out of luck because I'veĀ  gone so far through the process of release? Ps. I can work this new job out to where i would be able to complete my duties as a reserve soldier.

If you haven't finished it all up yet, it may not be game over. Ask your orderly room as soon as possible; explain the circumstances. Engage your chain of command. You'll look like a tool, but it's better than getting out.

If they tell you 'too late', then make sure to go Supplementary Reserve when they offer the option. That makes the process to get back in much easier- simply transfer in from Supp Res rather than go through the recruiting process again.

Back