• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LF: Winter fur Cap Yukon style

Gho57rid3r

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day,

I am wondering if any one could point me in the right direction as to where I could find the Yukon winter fur caps? As well if I were able to find one, could I wear that in uniform.

Thanks

Yukon fur caps do appear in AAD265-000/AG-001 CF drees instructions as a seasonal / climatic dress.

However, because it is not standard dress and not part of standard issue, you will undoubtedly be given grief time and time again for wearing it - I do not recommend ..... 

Hello, realising that this is an old post, I'm also quite interested in the so called Yukon cap.  How can one acquire this headdress item?

I still enjoy strutting around the house with the fur cap I was issued in Cornwallis. I know a bunch of the boys used theirs as car waxers and such, but I enjoy the contrast of the army button, rifle green flap and black fur. Not a Yukon I'm sure, but certainly a fur cap. ;D

And necro threads amuse me to no end.

Yeah sorry about that.  The truth is that I found this thread through the search function and didn't realise that it was in the buy/sell/trade section until after I posted.  I should have posted in a different section.

I have and wear a Yukon cap when it's cold enough.  I think it is a fine piece of kit and I am thoroughly disappointed that it is an optional and not an issue item.  Canada is a winter country and we should have a proper winter hat to go with our dress uniforms. 

The toque is a fine piece of operational headgear, but wholly inappropriate for a dress uniform.  It looks great with combat clothing (NCD or otherwise), but sloppy and unprofessional with service dress.

In the past JTFN Kit Shop has had them, if you're interested I live down the street from JTFN and I can probably get around to having a looksee and see if they still have them.

Pusser, I couldn't agree with you more as I was thinking the same thing.  R933ex I would definitely be interested to know if they're still available, although Yellowknife sounds pretty far from Montreal!  Thank you for your replies.

RMC Cadets Remembrance Day 2005

Why shouldn't that be on general issue?  It seems to make a lot more sense than a Forage/Beret/Glengarry etc at 40 below.  (Eventually recovered from frostbite).

And it doesn't look Russian.  (Always a plus when operating alongside Americans and Brits I would think).

Kirkhill said:

Why shouldn't that be on general issue?  It seems to make a lot more sense than a Forage/Beret/Glengarry etc at 40 below.  (Eventually recovered from frostbite).

And it doesn't look Russian.  (Always a plus when operating alongside Americans and Brits I would think).

We already had one like that, but with a green flap. We stopped wearing it around the mid 70s IIRC. It really wasn't that well received.

Kirkhill said:

According to the CF dress instructions, that's the Hat - Winter Fur (RMC).  What I'm reffering to is the Yukon cap.  I can't seem to find a picture of it online and I have yet to see one "in person", but there is a vague drawing of it in the CF dress instructions. http://www.flickr.com/photos/55352944@N08/5126970735/

I agree that we should be issued a better winter headdress.

You mean the old work dress green Charlie Brown hat? It wasn't a bad hat, but getting one that fit and didn't fall down over your eyes was a chore.

No, one like the Mounties wear. Fur flaps for the ears and one turned up at the front.

Is it the same as what the RCMP have or slightly different?  Also, is colored according to element?

Edited to add second question.

Came down in an o-group in the last month , we are not to wear them.  JTFN Yellowknife- the other overly staffed HQ that knows all.

I too would like to have access to the Yukon Cap.  I agree that the yukon cap would likely look more professional than a toque, and provide better head coverage.

You people have strange definitions of professionalism, and god willing, will never be in a posistion to dictate dress.

Then again, my long standing definition of professionalism is being able to do your job, and is not in any way defined by which silly hat looks better.

Also, if it were up to me, we'd all wear them big ol' bear skin bee hive sort of things... could keep a spare set of pt clothes and a lunch in there...

a Sig Op said:
Also, if it were up to me, we'd all wear them big ol' bear skin bee hive sort of things... could keep a spare set of pt clothes and a lunch in there...

So that's why Jimmy's wear the Busby....always learning.

Back